Gaming Got a PSP 3000

gaehentohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently purchased a PSP 3000 (it has 5.01 firmware). Could someone link me to a detailed tutorial of how to safely hack (or run homebrew/customfirmware) a PSP 3000? Thanks very much.

SpiralArms.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st look at the stickies at the top of the psp page. There were guides. Specifically this one. Guide
2nd I used this guide and the one listed earlier this morning and it worked. Guide
3rd When you try to load ChickHEN R2 it most likely won't work the 1st time. It took me like 20 tries to get it to work. DON'T GIVE UP! Keep trying.

gaehentohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks,
I know you can't flash, but is it safe to play PSX games and save them? Does it matter which region the PSX games are?

SpiralArms.

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No it doesnt matter. ¬¬ i realy hate it when people are hypt about breaking bricking there consoles . but why would you think playing a little psx game fuck your console ?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
sparky28000 said:
No it doesnt matter. ¬¬ i realy hate it when people are hypt about breaking bricking there consoles . but why would you think playing a little psx game fuck your console ?

And more people than you hate it when others are impatient with new users who are trying to protect their un-repairable PSP's. Once it's bricked it's gone....

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although everyone of you keep saying you CAN'T brick your PSP with ChickHEN I beg to differ, as I did brick my friend's PSP-1000 using ChickHEN, and I was only able to fix it using Pandora. I tried for over 12 hours to keep rebooting it, even let the battery drain, but it would NOT come up. The green light would turn on with a black screen and stay there, it was essentially bricked, until Mr. Pandora came out to play with an MMS.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Although everyone of you keep saying you CAN'T brick your PSP with ChickHEN I beg to differ, as I did brick my friend's PSP-1000 using ChickHEN, and I was only able to fix it using Pandora. I tried for over 12 hours to keep rebooting it, even let the battery drain, but it would NOT come up. The green light would turn on with a black screen and stay there, it was essentially bricked, until Mr. Pandora came out to play with an MMS.

And I have to ask again, how and when in the process did you brick it? I don't doubt that you did, but I've never seen anyone else have that problem (just tons of posts saying it worked perfectly). I'm doing the same thing tomorrow, and so far my only concern was your thread about semi-bricking your friend's 1000.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
ChickHen on it's own shouldn't be able to brick a PSP. It's the apps that run via ChickHen that will brick it. If for example you're running CFWEnabler or GEN-A or B then since you're flashing stuff to the PSP's flash0 of course you can brick....but ChickHen in and of itself won't touch flash0. Pyrofyr needs to elaborate what was happening when the brick occurred for his account to stand up as a warning.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. update to 5.03 firmware
2. load chickhen r2
3. install CfwEnabler351

that's all there is to it, works fine on both psp-2000 with 8c motherboard and brand new psp-3000
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb