Hacking Got 1.4 Firmware: any way to downgrade?

Within

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Evening Folks,

jeah i have to admit i fall for the update yesterday evening when i was brain-afk. The only interesting question is if there is any way to downgrade the firmware of my DSi or if i am fucked up till theres a fix for my flashcard.
A Sticky bout that question would be more useful than X threads about the fact that it blocks the card.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if there was a way to downgrade it would probably require the use of a flashcart that works with 1.4 so you'd have to wait for a card update anyway.
tongue.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not nessecarily. In fact, almost definetly not. A DSi flashcart runs in DS mode, so could not access DSi NAND, so could not downgrade. Best chance would be wintermute's exploit and there will NOT be a downgrader for a LONG time, if ever. People are just starting to hack the DSi, they dont fully understand it yet, they cant downgrade it.

Within

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Acekard 2i.
Great so i fucked my 2 weeks old DSi. Im so happy that i have to wait if the acekard team ever gets a solution.

JSHidaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Within said:
Acekard 2i.
Great so i fucked my 2 weeks old DSi. Im so happy that i have to wait if the acekard team ever gets a solution.
for an acerkard u need another DS to "fix" it.. if they ever find a way to do it

and why were u checking DSiWare?.......

Within

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Someone i know wanted to give me a few thousand Points for free...
Why need another DS? I dont know anybody with a DS, so im fucking screwd anyway, even if they can fix it??? Im in hell.
Is there at least a card that works with 1.4 and micro SD so can at least save the money for a new DSi?

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, you seriously do not know anybody else with a DS (Phat, Lite or i)? Wow, errr, well i suppose once the fix comes out, you could always take a trip to game/gamestation and ask if you can "try out" a used DS Lite as you may like to purchase it lol, that is what I would do anyway and seems like your best option atm.

As for a new card, when the update is released, I am sure all carts will then be updated before sold, or at least some sites will have it.

kimekaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit, in a fit of stupidity, I also updated my DSi to 1.4U...

Hating myself for it, been doing this stuff long enough to know better...

I expect my thought process was along the lines of "You know what? I sure do dislike Facebook, but before I fall asleep maybe I'll just download it to give it a shot."
*fell asleep while it was updating*
*Next day, Wake up, bad feeling*
*Turn on DSi and try to start playing my audio book via my Acekard... die from sudden realization*

ANYWAY, yeah the best thing we can do is wait for a fix. Luckily, my wife has a DS L, so if Acekard does come up with a solution, I'll have a way to do it. Now I just have to live with using a old clumpy DS L for awhile.
frown.gif

norgesboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
o yes, just got info about new facebook option in new software update. Updated it - now my acecard does not working! visited they website

that what it says there -

"Do not update your DSi to 1.4

As all you known please do not update your DSi to 1.4. We're working on it and please be patient. Thanks."

WAITINGGGGGGGG

mytushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
infinete said:
Wait, you seriously do not know anybody else with a DS (Phat, Lite or i)? Wow, errr, well i suppose once the fix comes out, you could always take a trip to game/gamestation and ask if you can "try out" a used DS Lite as you may like to purchase it lol, that is what I would do anyway and seems like your best option atm.

As for a new card, when the update is released, I am sure all carts will then be updated before sold, or at least some sites will have it.

i have a ds lite... how do u fix it with it??

mytushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
infinete said:

i have a ds lite... how do u fix it with it??

FlameXTakkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg U Wont Belive What Just Happened 2 Me So It Started Like This I had My DSi but My Cousin Wanted To Play Hes 16 So I Let Him Play And He Gives It Bak Later Then I Try To Play My Itouch2 And Its Not Working Im Like this Cant Be Happening So Go Go All Over The Internet Trying 2 Find Out Why its Now Working Then I go To the itouch2 Homepage And See This Annocment Saying Do Not Update The Dsi To 4.1 So I Look At My Dsi Menu And See WTF!? ITS 1.4 Im Like I Never UpDated So I Got To My Cousin And He Told Me He Updated It With out telling ME So Now I CAnt Play No Games Because I hav None So I Am Mad Like HELL RITE NOW!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

BlazerRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
How can you ask such a question when not a single flashcart is working with the 1.4 firmware?

People on this forum seriously need to step up and think a little out of the box sometimes, sorry, I had to say it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: