• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

GOP Traffics illegal immigrant into washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
You do realize that's 50 arrests of people "ON THE TERROR WATCH LIST" not just general arrests. With border crossings down under Trump they weren't attempting to slip by in the chaos.
LMAO.
Again, your showing double think
WHAT DO YOU THINK ARRESTED MEANS????
Does it mean a free coffee and a free entry into the country? If it's more, it's like more strict, not more relaxed.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care, dude. There are plenty of videos that demonstrate the new wall is just as easy to go over, around, or straight through using supplies you can buy at Home Depot. And you didn't address the fact that Republican executives are not only allowing for, but encouraging the hiring of illegal immigrants. Even Trump was still hiring them at his hotels while in office. It's such an obvious grift, and you're so obviously an idiot for falling for it.

You wanna discuss actual solutions for slowing illegal immigration? There are two options, which can be combined for maximum effectiveness if you want. One is punishing execs from the top down for hiring illegal immigrants, not with something ignorable but with actual prison sentences (5-10 years should do the trick, and not at club fed). A few of them do hard time and the rest would take notice real quick. Two is a path to citizenship which encourages migrants to register with the state from the outset, thus preventing employers from exploiting their labor for less than minimum wage. That way, American citizens who might want the same jobs can actually compete. We also need to raise minimum wage, but that's a bit of a tangent.

The GOP will never agree to either of these policies, because, you guessed it: they don't actually want to fix the problem. They just want to play both sides of it for eternity, ensuring the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. All the while using migrants as political footballs instead of treating them like human beings.
Raising the minimum wage is not going to stop HORDES of CRIMINALS surging past our borders, unchecked.

Nothing will stop the sense of entitlement of criminals who only want to take advantage of America and bring their problems here, instead of staying home and fixing their own countries.

How many illegals have YOU harbored and sheltered? Do you want them at YOUR front door?

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
LMAO.
Again, your showing double think
WHAT DO YOU THINK ARRESTED MEANS????
Does it mean a free coffee and a free entry into the country? If it's more, it's like more strict, not more relaxed.
You are aware there are 1,000 to 8,000 border crossing happening daily depending on the specific day. With 50 arrested, I've very concerned how many slipped through without being detected.

What happened to those people on the terror watch list who were arrested? At least one was let go and went to a suburb of Detroit, and is awaiting further action.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GOP: traffics in immigrants with tax payer dollars.
Republicans and Conservatives thrive on hypocrisy. Hating immigrants until it’s politically convenient for them to have immigrants around, seems like standard Conservative behavior. They also know that their voter base will go through hoops to defend anything they do.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Republicans and Conservatives thrive on hypocrisy. Hating immigrants until it’s politically convenient for them to have immigrants around, seems like standard Conservative behavior. They also know that their voter base will go through hoops to defend anything they do.
Seriously, you can see the doublethink just straight up in this thread. Republicans literally do not believe in anything. It's all just temporary aesthetics adopted based on whatever they're told will "own the libs" or some cringey shit.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
I kid you not, not even a year ago
Republicans: "There's a flood of illegal immigrants"
Republicans now:"Let's see how well Democrats and those sanctuary cities handle 'illegal' immigrants, by using tax payer dollars. Traffic them across the country, just to prove that they are bad"
If they were consistent and not doing double think or speak, they would of tried to pull a "real world" example, instead of staging one. Which if you have to stage one, that pretty heavily shows that they're full of bullshit.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Seriously, you can see the doublethink just straight up in this thread. Republicans literally do not believe in anything. It's all just temporary aesthetics adopted based on whatever they're told will "own the libs" or some cringey shit.
Which is why I stopped caring to hear what they have to say. It would be nice to have a conversation with them if they ever had a consistent stance on a topic. Instead it’s always constantly changing their position to fit whatever the current Conservative mind set is on or whatever they think will trig the libs.
Plus, I try not to engage with people who hate freedom and Conservatives hate freedom

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is why I stopped caring to hear what they have to say. It would be nice to have a conversation with them if they ever had a consistent stance on a topic. Instead it’s always constantly changing their position to fit whatever the current Conservative mind set is on or whatever they think will trig the libs.
Plus, I try not to engage with people who hate freedom and Conservatives hate freedom
Yeah, pretty much. Conservative replies to my posts are usually unhinged insecure rants. I've started just not reading them.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I won’t be surprised if this ties into another political stunt revolving around immigrants in the future. Seems like the go-to strategy of the GOP is to find some means of creating an illegal immigrant boogeyman. Like the 2016 migrant caravans that the GOP hyped up until it was no longer politically convenient for them.

Reactions: Xzi

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, isnt there like a immigration problem on the boater? Just a question. NTM aren't they allow to send them back or put them in sanctuary states? Just a question
The illegal immigration problems are vastly overstated to drum up support from boomers and nationalists. Normally the policy was to just arrest em and then turn em around back into Mexico, but under Trump they were incarcerated in concentration camps under ICE, where'd they stay there for significant periods of time because we didn't have enough judges to handle illegal immigration cases, so they just kinda...rotted in camps. Their conditions are well documented but highly distressing if you're sensitive to that level of human suffering.

Only the GOP could look at an eager workforce and tax bracket and go "Hmm, sorry, wrong skin color, you gotta suffer now."

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
under Trump they were incarcerated in concentration camps under ICE
Small correction, this was started under the Obama administration but was amped up under Trump and still happening under Biden. None of them are free of sin on this one

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next one that derails this thread with or without trans bullshit gets a vacation.
You know, I may have been wrong about you. You DO play fair.

Most of the time, these topics derail immediately as soon as a conservative shows up, and they get roundly bashed by everyone, and no one gets checked. It's usually the same culprits. It's actually always the same culprits. Always.

Anyway, thanks for proving me wrong. Perception altered.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The illegal immigration problems are vastly overstated to drum up support from boomers and nationalists. Normally the policy was to just arrest em and then turn em around back into Mexico, but under Trump they were incarcerated in concentration camps under ICE, where'd they stay there for significant periods of time because we didn't have enough judges to handle illegal immigration cases, so they just kinda...rotted in camps. Their conditions are well documented but highly distressing if you're sensitive to that level of human suffering.

Only the GOP could look at an eager workforce and tax bracket and go "Hmm, sorry, wrong skin color, you gotta suffer now."
Question, With the new law in place, wouldn't they move all immigrants to sanctuary states? also i thought that the problem was HUGE
Small correction, this was started under the Obama administration but was amped up under Trump and still happening under Biden. None of them are free of sin on this one
I believe ICE started it in 2002? i think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1