Gaming Good racing games for the DS

betaboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe you should get a PSP for driving games - you can't move for them! lol!
rofl2.gif
(not very helpful I know)
frown.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
whee does look great, but I can't get it working on my R4, I load up the no-save version.. and I can't press any of the buttons on the touch screen, I assume its completely frozen

edit-
I get the same problem with his 'glider' game
frown.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear theres a topic like this every week! Only other racer I enjoyed was Asphalt GT 2, which some people say is crap. Other than that one they are all pretty mediocre.

Wait for Race Driver.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NFS Carbon and Asphalt GT 2 are both good racing games for the DS that don't resort to cutesy characters for their appeal.

On the homebrew front, have a look at Whee! by Tassu:

http://www.sivullinen.fi/nds/projects.php?...t_from=&ucat=2&

If you have a slot-1 flahscart, be sure to use the "no save" version.

Hey! That looks like a nice game, but what exactly does the guy mean when he says, "Be carefull! This game uses SRAM for saving and doesn't give a warning or anything like that before formatting."?

Erm...before formatting what, my flashcart's memory card? Do I have to worry that it will wipe everything on the card? I would rather play the version that saves, but I need more info about this warning. Anyone know what he's talking about?

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NFS Carbon and Asphalt GT 2 are both good racing games for the DS that don't resort to cutesy characters for their appeal.

On the homebrew front, have a look at Whee! by Tassu:

http://www.sivullinen.fi/nds/projects.php?...t_from=&ucat=2&

If you have a slot-1 flahscart, be sure to use the "no save" version.

Hey! That looks like a nice game, but what exactly does the guy mean when he says, "Be carefull! This game uses SRAM for saving and doesn't give a warning or anything like that before formatting."?

Erm...before formatting what, my flashcart's memory card? Do I have to worry that it will wipe everything on the card? I would rather play the version that saves, but I need more info about this warning. Anyone know what he's talking about?

Well, it seems a moot point as I can't get the NoSave version to work on my R4 (no touchscreen access) and the other versions of it don't work on my SCminiSD either.....they just load infinitely, counting the k up forever, or lock during the loading, depending on which version I tried.
wacko.gif

Oh well. It's just another reason why I tend not to bother with homebrew.....just too flaky.

Too bad, it looked like a nice game.
frown.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
NFS Carbon. Personally, Diddy Kong had awesome potential, but rare fokked it up as usual these days.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think whee has multiplayer though. I downloaded it in January though so it might have gotten updated by now. BTW its a great game with great background music

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think whee has multiplayer though. I downloaded it in January though so it might have gotten updated by now. BTW its a great game with great background music

What card and which version of it did you run? I can't get it to go on my R4 or my SCminiSD regardless of which file I try to use.

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only driving game that doesn't make you feel the cars are stuck to the track or make you feel like you're driving a stationary car, whilst the scenery moves behind you is Mario Kart.

DIddy Kong racing is unplayable. One fall in the water, and you've lost the race, as its like driving through quicksand. I wonder how they managed that comparison.

Nothing on the DS comes close to PSP at driving titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, i think wire chargers are more practical
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but im too stupid to know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wired is better for faster charge but if you just leave it all night while you sleep it's good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most wireless pads can only max 15w while average bricks are 65w
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i heard it isnt good
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i heard it isnt good