Good MiniSD Card?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by pbjorge12, Nov 24, 2006.

Nov 24, 2006

Good MiniSD Card? by pbjorge12 at 7:08 AM (870 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. pbjorge12
    OP

Newcomer pbjorge12 Member

United States
    I am planning on purchasing a supercard miniSD soona nd am wondering what miniSD cards everyone recommends?

I would like one that is compatible (Duh) and also has high access rates, which I've heard are critical. It would also help if it wasn't one of those insanely priced sandisk ultra II's...

Thanks!

2. Mystic-Homer

Member Mystic-Homer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If you don't want to go for the Sandisk Ultra II's, just go for a normal Sandisk [​IMG]

3. Phrostay

Newcomer Phrostay Advanced Member

Australia
    Yeah my SanDisk 1Gb MicroSD runs perfectly for me.

4. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    I have an Adata mini 2GB & it runs great.

5. O.G

Newcomer O.G Advanced Member

The best 1GB miniSD card. Rated at 150X
    I personally have this card, and it is fantastic for loading games on the supercard miniSD. The castlevania intro runs smooth with this card. The only bad thing about this card, is that the SD Adapter is not that reliable. Sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't. I would recommend you fetch a general purpose SD card reader with support for miniSD, and microSD for the future.

6. mabhz

Newcomer mabhz Member

Brazil

How on earth do i find out a Sandisk card is fake??

7. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you order it from a fairly reputable store like Newegg its real. It should come in that annoying plastic retail package as well as possibly some extra stuff like a converter to let it be read in regular SD card readers. Aka professional packaging.

If you order from eBay or a shop online thats really located in Hong Kong and it seems like you are getting an amazing price, chances are that its a fake. You'll get it in a little brown enveloped surrounded in bubble wrap with little to no packaging.

Not to say that all shops located in China are bad...take www.psxbox.net for instance. They are very legitimate and clearly label whether you get a real product or an unlicensed version. Their SD cards are real, their Memory stick duos are "not official sony products" and come with no packing [​IMG]

Anyways I suggest you order from newegg. They have some KILLER deals sometimes. Last Thursday they had 2 gig SD cards for $18.99. Bought 2 [​IMG]