Hacking Good job, guys

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
You know what? this thread is so stupid and full of paranoia, I went and made this just for this thread:

stupidthread.jpg

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
chrisman01 said:
You know what? this thread is so stupid and full of paranoia, I went and made this just for this thread:

stupidthread.jpg

off topic: that would make a nice shirt... minus the "This thread is stupid" and add a "Your boyfriend is wrong".

On topic:... wait oh yeah.. +1 to the above.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
I can't believe this... You're calling me racist? You actually have the GALL to call me racist? Ha! This is priceless!No. Again you're thinking too hard and reading too little. Think back to english class.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor
I'm telling you not to lump a bunch of people together as "bad guys" based on a common factor that's not directly related to the bad thing being discussed.

Wintrale said:
"Oh, we only hacked the PS3 so we could run what programs we wanted - it's not our fault that people are using the door we created to hack the PSN servers so they can ban and unban consoles whenever they wantHave you read anything we've told you to read, or even that we've posted in this thread? They can't. The article is wrong.

Wintrale said:
nor is it our fault that everyone and their grandmother now knows what to look for when it comes to credit card information!"
See above. Wrong.

QUOTE(Wintrale @ Feb 19 2011, 11:00 AM)
I really am amazed, Rydian. You're so anti-Sony and pro-hacker
http://gbatemp.net/t279616-new-psn-terms-o...t&p=3464888
Hey look, there's me defending Sony.

I don't even own a PS3, BTW. So your grasping at straws to try to make me out as the bad guy isn't going to work. It's obvious how much you hate reading (the first reply to your own thread states the info is incorrect, but you didn't even read that far), but you're really going to have to start doing it if you want to have a conversation about this stuff.

Wintrale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, then, Rydian - enlighten me. In that link of yours, what were you defending? All I see is you saying Sony shouldn't stop you using your PS3 how you want, but are allowed to control how you use the PSN service. You have a really weird definition of "defending", don't you? But this is all beside the point, because I have a better question - why should I trust what you say over the article? What proof do you have that your opinion is more legitimate than the article? No offense, but you're all for people hacking the PS3 - so how can I trust anything you say when I know you'll twist anything to make hackers sound as blameless as possible?

Really, you're not making much sense... You imply I'm racist, or at least acting like one, and then insult my ability to read (which is hilarious on so many levels). Then you proclaim that not everyone who is hacking their PS3 is doing so to do what these other hackers are, even though the point of this entire thread is that there are people out there going further and further every week with hacking the PS3 and (apparently) accessing sensitive information and functions... Yet people still defend them. I mean, the general consensus seems to be that the only reason people even found out how to ban and unban consoles is to counter Sony's so-called "strong arm" tactics of dealing with piracy. It's been like that since the very beginning - people weren't happy just having Linux on their PS3 and started to hack it so it could do more, so Sony removed the ability to install it. Do you honestly believe things would be any different if Sony hadn't of removed Linux? I don't. Hackers gonna hack, as they say, and they'll do it regardless of provocation.

It's also pretty funny that you're so eager to separate yourself and others from a "certain crowd", even though you'd not be able to do half the stuff you can if it weren't for them. That's real loyalty, that is.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
Okay, then, Rydian - enlighten me. In that link of yours, what were you defending? All I see is you saying Sony shouldn't stop you using your PS3 how you want, but are allowed to control how you use the PSN service. You have a really weird definition of "defending", don't you?

Defending their actions in banning. Sounds pretty "defending" to me.

QUOTE said:
But this is all beside the point, because I have a better question - why should I trust what you say over the article? What proof do you have that your opinion is more legitimate than the article? No offense, but you're all for people hacking the PS3 - so how can I trust anything you say when I know you'll twist anything to make hackers sound as blameless as possible?

Well for a start, what he is saying isn't his or anyone else's opinion, it's a fact

QUOTE said:
Really, you're not making much sense... You imply I'm racist, or at least acting like one, and then insult my ability to read (which is hilarious on so many levels).

HE NEVER SAID YOU WERE A RACIST. He was making a METAPHOR, because you were being prejudiced against anyone with a hacked PS3. Racists are prejudiced against a particular race. He was saying that if someone acted towards members of a certain race the way you act towards people with hacked PS3s, that's called racism. He did NOT call you a racist. And that has been stated plenty of times, so clearly your ability to read is somewhat lacking (ignoring for the moment the fact you REFUSE to read and accept what has been written dozens of times in this and other threads.

QUOTE said:
Then you proclaim that not everyone who is hacking their PS3 is doing so to do what these other hackers are, even though the point of this entire thread is that there are people out there going further and further every week with hacking the PS3 and (apparently) accessing sensitive information and functions... Yet people still defend them.

What you said makes no sense. Just because some people are going "further" with hacking, doesn't mean that EVERYONE with a hacked PS3 is trying to steal credit card info. i.e. your use of the phrase "even though", implying the following contradicts the former, is completely nonsensical.

I mean, the general consensus seems to be that the only reason people even found out how to ban and unban consoles is to counter Sony's so-called "strong arm" tactics of dealing with piracy. It's been like that since the very beginning - people weren't happy just having Linux on their PS3 and started to hack it so it could do more, so Sony removed the ability to install it. Do you honestly believe things would be any different if Sony hadn't of removed Linux? I don't. Hackers gonna hack, as they say, and they'll do it regardless of provocation.

fail0verflow have stated many times that they had not started to look at the PS3 at all until Linux was removed. That is, again, a fact. Yes, geohot exploited Other OS just before it was removed, but Sony had already removed it from the Slim PS3 by that time, and were looking for an excuse to remove it from the Phat.

It's also pretty funny that you're so eager to separate yourself and others from a "certain crowd", even though you'd not be able to do half the stuff you can if it weren't for them. That's real loyalty, that is.

Who is he separating himself from? If you're talking about the people who pointed out that a CFW could potentially allow the theft of credit card info etc., they are anonymous, and quite possibly had NOTHING to do with bringing about any of the PS3 hacks in existence.

In other words, seeing as we have seen you're not fond of reading, YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID.

darkranboria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
-Deleted to bring size of post down-

In other words, seeing as we have seen you're not fond of reading, YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID.

Wow I just typed something exactly like this but you posted yours first... What a waste of time.

Edit: It was beautiful, too.
frown.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Wintrale said:
Okay, then, Rydian - enlighten me. In that link of yours, what were you defending? All I see is you saying Sony shouldn't stop you using your PS3 how you want, but are allowed to control how you use the PSN service. You have a really weird definition of "defending", don't you?

Defending their actions in banning. Sounds pretty "defending" to me.

QUOTE said:
But this is all beside the point, because I have a better question - why should I trust what you say over the article? What proof do you have that your opinion is more legitimate than the article? No offense, but you're all for people hacking the PS3 - so how can I trust anything you say when I know you'll twist anything to make hackers sound as blameless as possible?

Well for a start, what he is saying isn't his or anyone else's opinion, it's a fact

QUOTE said:
Really, you're not making much sense... You imply I'm racist, or at least acting like one, and then insult my ability to read (which is hilarious on so many levels).

HE NEVER SAID YOU WERE A RACIST. He was making a METAPHOR, because you were being prejudiced against anyone with a hacked PS3. Racists are prejudiced against a particular race. He was saying that if someone acted towards members of a certain race the way you act towards people with hacked PS3s, that's called racism. He did NOT call you a racist. And that has been stated plenty of times, so clearly your ability to read is somewhat lacking (ignoring for the moment the fact you REFUSE to read and accept what has been written dozens of times in this and other threads.

QUOTE said:
Then you proclaim that not everyone who is hacking their PS3 is doing so to do what these other hackers are, even though the point of this entire thread is that there are people out there going further and further every week with hacking the PS3 and (apparently) accessing sensitive information and functions... Yet people still defend them.

What you said makes no sense. Just because some people are going "further" with hacking, doesn't mean that EVERYONE with a hacked PS3 is trying to steal credit card info. i.e. your use of the phrase "even though", implying the following contradicts the former, is completely nonsensical.

I mean, the general consensus seems to be that the only reason people even found out how to ban and unban consoles is to counter Sony's so-called "strong arm" tactics of dealing with piracy. It's been like that since the very beginning - people weren't happy just having Linux on their PS3 and started to hack it so it could do more, so Sony removed the ability to install it. Do you honestly believe things would be any different if Sony hadn't of removed Linux? I don't. Hackers gonna hack, as they say, and they'll do it regardless of provocation.

fail0verflow have stated many times that they had not started to look at the PS3 at all until Linux was removed. That is, again, a fact. Yes, geohot exploited Other OS just before it was removed, but Sony had already removed it from the Slim PS3 by that time, and were looking for an excuse to remove it from the Phat.

Who is he separating himself from? If you're talking about the people who pointed out that a CFW could potentially allow the theft of credit card info etc., they are anonymous, and quite possibly had NOTHING to do with bringing about any of the PS3 hacks in existence.

BRAVO POST. I could not have said it better myself. You sir deserve +2 internets.

clapping.gif

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Too many left and right defenders to understand much (from reading multiple articles and forum-threads about this).

1. My PS3 100% legit firmware and PSN account never shared?
2. My PS3 100% legit firmware and PSN account shared with someone that use PS3 with CFW?

In these TWO scenarios, I'd say my account never gets banned, if I'm listening to "some" people, and if I'm listening to other people scenario 2 will even get my PSN account banned even on my legit PS3.

So, what is it that Sony is actually banning?

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Great! A nice thread so we can discuss and exchange valuable information about the unban sysOH WAIT TROLLING

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
cacildo said:
Great! A nice thread so we can discuss and exchange valuable information about the unban sysOH WAIT TROLLING
If you're referring to all the responding, there is no unban system.

I don't even know which news site first used that term, but all the others are copying it and the original source doesn't say it.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You need help, Wintrale. Everything you've said is wrong. We keep explaining the truth, but instead of making an argument, you ignore us and restate your own flawed points.

Is it possible for someone to know how to write but not how to read?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr