Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Late newyears resolution, anyone? Anyway, some background information on me. 19 year old white male, roughly 6'2.5" and an estimated 220 Lbs as of this moment (havent weighed myself in a few months). I work at Target on the sales floor, so I get a few miles in each day of walking at a rapid/very brisk pace (if someone hits a call button for my department and I am at the other end of the store, I have a minute to get there). However, my current diet is garbage (no diet... in fact, i would go so far as to call it an anti-diet lol), I am sedentary aside from work.

I have a knee injury, which prevents me from working out like I would like to (although that is kind of self perpetuating, I need to strengthen my knee to workout BY working out), a year ago on March 17th I dislocated my right kneecap, had to go to the hospital, and it has gotten better for sure but still isn't quite right (never needed surgery or PT, but I do have tracking issues with it still and it hurts from rain and such).

So, I need to better myself. I have decided that today, the day after Easter, I am doing a rapid turnaround. Over the last month, I have made gradual changes to my diet, such as switching from Mountain Dew at work (3 or 4 medium cups in a day) to a half gallon of AriZona's Arnold Palmer half and half iced tea (per work shift) to a half gallon of AriZona diet green tea w/ honey (per work shift). I don't eat as much junk food, I try to lower my portions (doesn't work too well) and try to make healthier choices (also doesn't work too well). Probably my biggest change was giving up candy for Lent, which now that easter has come I don't have as much of a desire to nom on it, whereas I was eating tons before. I had a few jellybeans today and said "that's it for now", had a small piece of chocolate later, and that was it! I caved a few times on my Lent promise, twice from just a big craving, and once from not even noticing I was doing it. Otherwise, if candy was presented to me, I would politely turn it down.

So tomorrow I weigh myself in the morning, and start off with a nice, small breakfast. No more wawa hoagies for breakfast, etc. The food changes I can gradually introduce on my own (my mom has ben doing WeightWatchers for YEARS and can be a big help with that, but of course if anyone can give more suggestions, I am all ears!). My biggest challenge is going to be fitting in an exercise regiment with limited equipment (a few resistance bands, Wii Fit (And Wii Fit Plus), can download Zumba Fitness, and 5/7/10 lb weight sets) and having it easy on my knee, but still rough enough to strengthen it (I had to get a different position at work because for a month I was doing a freshness audit that involved a LOT of kneeling and bending down, which wreaked hell on my knee).

Personal blog, public blog, whatever. Comments/encouragement/blatant douchebaggery is all allowed (but not welcome, in the case of the last one). Tomorrow morning (well, today morning I guess) I will reply back with my initial weight and what I ate for breakfast. I will probably keep a food journal.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, best of luck to you. And you said it yourself, no more Wawa Hoagies for breakfast! Yeah.. I love sandwiches.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their going slowly. I weighed myself, starting out at 219.5 lbs. I haven't had much time to fully figure out where I am going with the diet, and I haven't exercised yet aside from work. Yesterday, I was tempted to go out and get something from wawa because it was between classes at college and I was starving, but decided against it.

Then my friend took me to taco bell >_> At least I only had one cup of soda there, rather than a few like I normally would. SO despite not eating something healthy, I did try to make the best of it. No more taco bell now though
biggrin.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not bad, it can be hard to control yourself, especially when someone is buying food for you. Haha Glad you could resist the Wawa Hoagies. Continue to work hard!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8