'Gone Home' Nintendo Switch port announced and gets a release date

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Aug 15, 2018.

Front-page
    gone home switch.

The critically acclaimed indie title Gone Home will get a Switch port and we even have a release date!

Released back in 2013 for PC, this year marks the game's 5th anniversary and Annapurna Interactive seized the occasion to announce today that the Switch port will hit the eShop next week, on August 23rd!

Discussion (12 replies)
  1. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I wonder if they're adding anything new to it all, or if the price is right.
    It's a neat game, and I really liked it, but since it's been in a billion sales and bundles already, it feels like everyone has this already.

x65943 likes this.
  2. FierceDeityLinkMask

FierceDeityLinkMask GbaTemp's Official Deity

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Above All Others
    Never played this, I might check it out.

3. bodefuceta
    This message by bodefuceta has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 16, 2018.
    Aug 16, 2018
  4. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Inb4 Portendo Am I doing it right?

Anyway, didn't even cross my mind on things to get ported. I remember seeing some of this. Isn't this game pretty short?

5. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Mar 20, 2018
    Vietnam
    "game"

tbb043 likes this.
  6. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    yup like 4 hours or so but still the narrative experience it provides is quite interesting especially with its environment story telling.

7. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Now you can play your walking simulator on the go!

tbb043, Taleweaver and Prans like this.
  8. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    Play your walking simulator WHILE walking for the ultimate immersive experience! *Insert mind-blown GIF*

tbb043 likes this.
  9. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Shit I can't remember if it was Plus or Gold that it came out for first... anyway, as a 'freebie' for those it was excellent, and a good talking point for all of its 2 hours playtime with mates (and the missus who also played it)
    ...but actually paying for a copy? Noooo thanks! And it's since been totally outclassed by Edith Finch anyway (and I'd only recommend that when it's on sale!:lol:)

10. hollowtip

hollowtip Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2008
    United States
    It did have an interesting story up until the end, and then it ends up being a massive disappointment because it just basically flips you off at the end of the game.

Switchtime likes this.
  11. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I didn't like it at all, was like reading a book. A game should have gameplay and this doesn't.

tbb043 and Prans like this.
  12. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    Yup it was more like a passive experience. Not really a game as such, more like an interactive book which is what made it interesting for me.

T-hug likes this.
  13. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Hmm...it was an interesting narrative, but not really much more than that. The game is relatively old, runs on a potato, has been ported to consoles before, has been in multiple humble bundles and has been in a free giveaway at least once. More importantly: due to its nature, it's one with a limited player base and almost no replayability whatsoever. So I'm honestly wondering: why? Honestly: aside from it being a tech demo for their later game (Tacoma), I really don't see anyone buying it.

No. Sorry, but I have to disagree on that.