ROM Hack Golf Story NSP save to cart version

460cidpower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed an NSP of Golf Story and played about halfway though. I bought the legit cart off of Limited Run Games and I received it today. I loaded the cart up but my save game wasn't there! I started a new game and got to the first save point.

I started up Checkpoint and it seems that the NSP and the cart version are listed differently (twice). The NSP's title ID is 0x0100779004172000 (author "Sidebar Games"), the cart's ID is 0x01005EA00A57E000 (author "Limited Run Games, Inc."). Can I backup the NSP's save game, backup the cart's save game using Checkpoint and use Checkpoint to inject the NSP's save game into the cart's slot? Or since the IDs are different I might brick my switch? Or am I going to have to start the game over?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt know there was a cart version, where can i buy the physical version?

nvm, it was LE and its sold out

Last edited by gameboy,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your switch cannot brick from trying to swap two saves, at worst it would say the save is corrupt and make you start over.

I would bet that injecting it as you've described will work fine since they're the same title.
Plus there's no harm in trying since it sounds like your LimitedRunGames version is a fresh save anyway.

i didnt know there was a cart version, where can i buy the physical version?
It was available from LRG for a limited time, which has since passed. Not sure if anyone else is producing it. Nvm, OP linked a Best-Buy site that still has it for pre-order.
Your best bet may be from a second-hand seller.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30