Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Goldleaf

Goldleaf is a multipurpose homebrew tool for Nintendo Switch!

Goldleaf.1.jpg

Similar to the well-known 3DS homebrew FBI, Goldleaf serves as a file browser/manager/editor, title manager, user account manager... and more!

Let Goldleaf make your life easier while dealing with more or less technical Nintendo Switch stuff!

Last edited by XorTroll, , Reason: 0.6 README changes

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want something that doesn't exist you are welcome to contribute to the public repo to get your XYZ feature added. You are also just as welcome to open a ticket about it on the repo.

I havn't asked, but im pretty sure this was released because someone on reddit posted about compiling goldleaf a few days ago on reddit, and since it was being spread around xortroll probably wanted to get ahead of it and do a official alpha/beta release instead of having people complain about a broken pre-release.

Im speculating, but I would imagine XorTroll would have wished to have more time to intergrate more features (like network install) and have a stable release before these builds were being floated around. This is one of the few downsides to having a public repository....people will compile and run buggy builds and then complain about it, possibly creating a unfair perception of the software before its ready for prime time.

Im also pretty sure that if you would have just asked when we can expect network install features XorTroll would have replied nicely and let you know when. Who knows, maybe he would have even given you a early build so you can test yourself?

this release had nothing to do with reddit. he had to release today or tomorrow to be eligible for the bounty.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like you are in need of a hug and friendship. I know, its tough being a seagull in 7th grade. No matter how much you hover and shit on people they just keep throwing alka seltzer wrapped in bread at you. You just cant understand why everyone is so mean to you! Are you not doing the right thing by squaking incessantly at people? Do they not appreciate all the poop you so willingly gave out of your precious body and onto their heads?

Lets be nice to people who have done nothing to deserve unkindness eh? My first quoted reply to you was a rebuke with positive reinforcement. Im not sure you got the hint so here I am trying again.

Treat others how you wish to be treated. When you go into threads and ask a question (no matter how silly others may think it is) you would surely appreciate someone helping you yes? Poor xdarkmario was just looking at the old repo. A very understanding mistake considering this is the former developer of that repository.

I too ask stupid questions sometimes. Fortunately there are still nice people left in the world who don't turn into seagulls when asked.

I try to set a good example by helping people even when they are doing things I disagree with. Despite my vocal opposition to recent xecuter products, I still try to be generally helpful to those end users because most of them are not even aware of all the drama and are just trying to fix their switches.

Set the standard for others by being a good dude yourself. Its contagious and actually works. Leave your scorn and seagullery for those who deserve it. There's plenty of that round these parts, so save your negative energy.
The person I respond to didn't take offense..but you decided to write a wall of text that I didn't even bother to read. Good job white knight

Reactions: henkp and Creed111

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Congrats on the release. Feels especially rewarding after a certain person claimed you picked up projects and dropped them without spending much time on them.

Looks real nice.
That would be me. This looks real nice, I just hope he continues supporting this, unlike his previous projects.

Reactions: iriez

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
That would be me. This looks real nice, I just hope he continues supporting this, unlike his previous projects.

That was real stand-up of you to take this opportunity to speak up. If only other certain unnamed people could be as humble as you.

If we had more of this type of behavior on gbatemp we would detoxify this community real fast!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The person I respond to didn't take offense..but you decided to write a wall of text that I didn't even bother to read. Good job white knight

Well I suppose one way of handling life is to dig your head as deep as possible in the sand.

That will surely help you progress into a better human being. That way when someone says something that you don't agree with you can just pretend you didn't hear it!

I love how incredibly contrasting these two Posts are. One is exemplary behavior and the other is the angsty reply of an insecure teenager who cannot take criticism even when formed as a positive construct.

Last edited by iriez,
Reactions: Garou

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was real stand-up of you to take this opportunity to speak up. If only other certain unnamed people could be as humble as you.

If we had more of this type of behavior on gbatemp we would detoxify this community real fast!

This scene's been shit ever since money got involved and projects started getting "picked up" behind paywall integrations. From there you just have cheerleading feeding off of buyer's remorse/cognitive dissonance.

It won't ever detoxify while its basically allowed to continue as its no different from corporate cheerleading, its just that now we have cheerleaders for various cfws with varying opinions on piracy.

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
This scene's been shit ever since money got involved and projects started getting "picked up" behind paywall integrations. From there you just have cheerleading feeding off of buyer's remorse/cognitive dissonance.

It won't ever detoxify while its basically allowed to continue as its no different from corporate cheerleading, its just that now we have cheerleaders for various cfws with varying opinions on piracy.

You hit the nail right on the head my friend. I've actually pointed out this corporate cheerleading to the gbatemp owner and he agrees with most of my views.

I've also had individual discussions with many moderators after seeing specific actions taken. I'm happy to say that the majority supports my point of view because these people wouldn't be moderators unless they have a semblance of maturity and experience in the hacking community.

The problem always comes down to Fair moderation policies and freedom of speech. All of these immature little trolls get away with too much and sometimes we have to remind moderators that there is a right and wrong beyond general cleanup of threads, and that moderation with the right emphasis can lead to long-term behavioral changes within a community.

I've watched this happen with communities that have over a half a million people. It really does scale but unfortunately the larger the community the more that the labor required to scale up. So it becomes progressively more difficult to moderate the trash as popularity increases. This site is no exception and is incredibly popular.

Last edited by iriez,

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for this wonderful tool. Just tried the USB install, first time it crashed the switch and had to remove the partially installed game (blank box in dashboard). second time everything ok, worked just fine

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks and works great, thank you. Semi-random question, but since we can browse/copy files from the NAND, does this mean we can copy the tsec keys file for use with Lockpick? This would be useful for 6.2 emunands where the sysnand is on a lower firmware version.

I'm also hopeful that someone can add support for macOS USB install.

Last edited by stick267,
Reactions: crossholo

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
One thing Tinfoil 0.2.1's USB install feature lacks is checking if there's enough space to install an NSP. For example, I tried installing a 9 GB NSP to my NAND when I only had ~1 GB free and it wasn't pretty... I had to go into Horizon's data management and delete the leftover.

Hopefully Goldleaf checks before continuing.

Last edited by DSpider,

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
One thing Tinfoil 0.2.1's USB install feature lacks is checking if there's enough space to install an NSP. For example, I tried installing a 9 GB NSP to my NAND when I only had ~1 GB free and it wasn't pretty... I had to go into Horizon's data management and delete the leftover.

Hopefully Goldleaf checks before continuing.
Isn't currently implemented but can easily be done. I mean, I already show the free space of the partitions so...

Reactions: wicksand420

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...