Hacking Question GoldLeaf 0.5 (latest) crash on 7.0.1 with USB install, possible macOS issue?

Sno206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am using Fluffy, or was. It seems the crash is not OS related as the same thing happens when using Windows unfortunately.

Shame, hopefully they can fix in coming updates. May I ask what XCI - NSP program you are using if your working on a mac?

Cirby69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not alone. I just updated to 7.0.1 in order to update Smash. SD install results in "An error occured: Failed to open the meta NCA". USB install results in a crash. Help.

Solivagant321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im also using 7.0.1 Kosmos 11.11.11 (or something like that) and goldleaf 0.3 and 0.3 client seems to be working in most cases if the filename of the NSP isnt over like 5 letters/numbers and it doesnt contain any special characters or spaces and the path to the NSP file isnt too long. but im still receiving the same error message on the latest working tinfoil and goldleaf 0.3 and 0.3 client aswell as tinfoil and latest aluminum foil client..

no idea whats wrong. i did a clean fresh install im using FAT32 so i cant install too/from SD card

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
fixed it. latest stable release of 0.5 Goldtree clienta and 0.5 Goldleaf.nro

also a 2018 version of tinfoil and aluminum 1.0.0.0 works pretty good
ns-usbloader also works great with real tinfoil, and is prettier than aluminumfoil. Both rock solid for me on mac.

Haven't tried goldleaf 0.5 release yet, will test it when I get the chance. Will use ns-usbloader for that too, as anything python using pyusb gives me issues on my mac.

Last edited by hippy dave,

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The final GoldLeaf 0.5 changed something with usb communication. I'll check it out eventually. I've just been using SatelliteSeeker's TinFoil build and it hasn't failed me yet.

zacly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone figure this out? Using Mac with NS-USB loader v0.4and on switch FW 7.0.1. Does the install but crashes as soon as I try to exit.

sjogro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone figure this out? Using Mac with NS-USB loader v0.4and on switch FW 7.0.1. Does the install but crashes as soon as I try to exit.

Update to 8.0.1, it's Nintendo bug in 7.0.1

Is 8.0 + okay to update to?

Same here. 7.0.1, Latest Kosmos, Goldleaf 0.5 <--> NS-USBloader on Latest MacOS. Finally got a setup where USB install works. Used to think my cable was defect cause wouldn't work with Tinfoil and python scripts or AluminiumFoil. This setup works solid but after install closing GoldLeaf crashes the Switch.

I'd like a confirmation of the setup 8.0 + Kosmos + NS-USBloader (Mac) working...

zacly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same here. 7.0.1, Latest Kosmos, Goldleaf 0.5 <--> NS-USBloader on Latest MacOS. Finally got a setup where USB install works. Used to think my cable was defect cause wouldn't work with Tinfoil and python scripts or AluminiumFoil. This setup works solid but after install closing GoldLeaf crashes the Switch.

I'd like a confirmation of the setup 8.0 + Kosmos + NS-USBloader (Mac) working...
I updated to 8.0.1. Works. I had to reinstall all my games unfortunately, but I did my buddies as well and it didn’t need the games to be reinstalled. So it might be an occasional bug???

Reactions: sjogro

Harvy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on version 6.2.0 running Atmosphere 0.9.3 and I get an error code 2168-0001 once I select USB Connection on gold leaf. Actually, the switch crashes after I open the windows application on my computer.

The desktop application prints the following:

Goldtree v0.7.0.0 - Goldleaf's USB client for PC
Copyright (C) 2018 - 2019 Goldleaf project, by XorTroll

[gtree:Warn] Make sure Goldleaf is already opened and the console is connected to this system via USB. Looking for connection...
[gtree:Log] Connection with Goldleaf was established.

[gtree:Log] Received command: GetDriveCount
[gtree:Log] Received command: GetDriveInfo
[gtree:Log] Received command: GetDriveInfo
[gtree:Log] Received command: GetSpecialPathCount
[gtree:Log] Received command: GetSpecialPath

Last edited by Harvy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-