GoldenEye Reloaded Listed For PS3 And 360

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
'GoldenEye 007 Reloaded' was named in multiple domain name registrations by the Call of Duty publisher and now according to Amazon's French outlet it's going to be released not on a Nintendo platform, but Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Activision released its first GoldenEye game - developed by Eurocom - on Wii last year and it received decent reviews.

Seemingly though, despite Nintendo claiming healthy sales for the title - and Activison's game itself being the second N64 remake after EA's attempt - it looks like the publisher's going for the double dip.

The 'Reloaded' title and Amazon listings would strongly suggest what we've been expecting ever since the Wii game was announced; updated ports of GoldenEye Wii for HD consoles.

Activision looks set to announce a 'new 007 game' at ComicCon in San Diego this week. We expect it could be this.[/p]

Source

TL;DR Amazon's French outlet has listed GoldenEye Reloaded for 360 and PS3, adding further fuel to the fire when domain registrations for found for this name. It's expected to be announced by Activision at ComicCon San Diego this week.

I've played the N64 original a long time ago and I thought it was rather good back then, so hopefully a HD port done well could be good too. I never played the Wii version that was released last year but I've heard some good things about that.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Nooooo
frown.gif
It sold very well on the Wii, IIRC about a million copies, maybe a bit less or over..

Good news for PS3/360 but bad for Wii
frown.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Oh come!
hateps3.gif

Can't the Wii just have this one for once? Why can't the Wii just have an exclusive without those two getting it later?
angry.gif

Exclusives are really only a bunch of crap that fanboys like to wag around. It's a good game and I'd like it on a system with better multiplayer capabilities and graphics.

I doubt this will get an online following for the system though which is a major bummer, as its proven to me to be essentially "CoD but fun".

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guild McCommunist said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Oh come!
hateps3.gif

Can't the Wii just have this one for once? Why can't the Wii just have an exclusive without those two getting it later?
angry.gif

Exclusives are really only a bunch of crap that fanboys like to wag around. It's a good game and I'd like it on a system with better multiplayer capabilities and graphics.

I doubt this will get an online following for the system though which is a major bummer, as its proven to me to be essentially "CoD but fun".
That probably wont be the case.
It would just be a direct port, looking pretty similar.
Multiplayer is probably out of question.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
I've played the N64 original a long time ago and I thought it was rather good back then, so hopefully a HD port done well could be good too. I never played the Wii version that was released last year but I've heard some good things about that.
The Eurocom (Activision) game and the Rare game were two very different titles.

I enjoyed it a lot more than Rares game (which I always felt was overrated, the level design was really bad in places) so props to Eurocom for making a really good game. They got the modern version of the character and theme right and it never felt boring. It played like CoD only without the constant Michael Bay-esq generic explosions all the time. I played it to the end, can't say that for any CoD title since the 2nd one.

It supposed to have sold well on Wii (DS version was horrible) and is even selling well (for a FPS) in Japan at the moment so I hope it gets out on more platforms seeing there is literally no point in it being kept as a Wii exclusive.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to Kotaku, it's real, just not announced. A screenie from their news article:

goldeneye_reloaded_01.jpg

Source

I'm guessing it'll just have the better graphics (seen above), expanded online features, maybe Move support. I may be picking this up and getting some of my friends to do so as well, as long as they keep the local multiplayer fun from the Wii version.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Activision and FPS never mixed well at all. I'm still surprised the Wii-make did so well.

I'm a bit confused as to why a Nintendo title is getting "remade" for Sony and Microsoft consoles, but whatever.
The general CoD fanbase wasn't alive to enjoy the original, so I don't see it doing too well from the nostalgia factor. And they won't have to enjoy this one, as GameStop will just release a pre-order code to beat the game instantly anyway.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Activision and FPS never mixed well at all. I'm still surprised the Wii-make did so well.

I'm a bit confused as to why a Nintendo title is getting "remade" for Sony and Microsoft consoles, but whatever.
The general CoD fanbase wasn't alive to enjoy the original, so I don't see it doing too well from the nostalgia factor. And they won't have to enjoy this one, as GameStop will just release a pre-order code to beat the game instantly anyway.

Well the original was only published by Nintendo but developed by Rare. Activision bought the video game license to James Bond and with it they could make a game based any of the franchise's media, including Goldeneye.

This also isn't a remake. Think of it as basically a different game using the same basic media for its story and characters. Gameplay is different, level designs are different.

The Wii version sold pretty well and it's not like they'll be taking a huge hit if it doesn't selling megabucks. It's only a HD port.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:

Well the original was only published by Nintendo but developed by Rare. Activision bought the video game license to James Bond and with it they could make a game based any of the franchise's media, including Goldeneye.

This also isn't a remake. Think of it as basically a different game using the same basic media for its story and characters. Gameplay is different, level designs are different.

The Wii version sold pretty well and it's not like they'll be taking a huge hit if it doesn't selling megabucks. It's only a HD port.
Sure it was only published by Nintendo, but it was one of few Nintendo exclusive FPS, and one of fewer fun ones.

So it's the classic shameless Activision cash-in?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Sure it was only published by Nintendo, but it was one of few Nintendo exclusive FPS, and one of fewer fun ones.

I wouldn't say that, Goldeneye Wii was actually quite fun. The HD port may just be cashing in on it but so long as it runs well, it'll be nice to have it on a console that isn't the Wii.

Exclusivity is a pain more than a pleasure for me.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:

I wouldn't say that, Goldeneye Wii was actually quite fun. The HD port may just be cashing in on it but so long as it runs well, it'll be nice to have it on a console that isn't the Wii.

Exclusivity is a pain more than a pleasure for me.
You're not a gaming company.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
You're not a gaming company.

But I'm a gamer and I'm saying exclusivity is a pain for me because it essentially forces me to spend money on multiple consoles to be able to have access to the variety of games available. If you're a third party dev, exclusivity is useless unless it's because of hardware limitations (one console is more powerful than the others or one console has access to control methods that the others don't) or if it's a small operation and you can only sell it on one console.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if Goldeneye would do so hot in a market that is so fully saturated with other "brown" shooters. Sure, it did good on the N64 because it was rather revolutionary and downright addictive; It sucked on the Wii because no one would play that if they can play fucking CoD.

Now putting it against CoD directly? Ouch, bad move.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really enjoyed this game, since I found the campaign to be way better then anything I`ve played in any pure FPS in a very long time, since I found the integrations of stealth elements very nice. Also the multiplayer is really good (essentially very CoD-like).

I might try it out for PS3 as well but I`m one of those that do prefer Wiimote controls over the dual-stick, but still good for people with only PS3 or 360.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
Slyakin Posted Yesterday, 09:30 PM
I don't know if Goldeneye would do so hot in a market that is so fully saturated with other "brown" shooters. Sure, it did good on the N64 because it was rather revolutionary and downright addictive; It sucked on the Wii because no one would play that if they can play fucking CoD.

Now putting it against CoD directly? Ouch, bad move.

It sold rather well on the Wii and it is by far the best FPS on the Wii, imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection