Gaming Golden sun to be on 3DS?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If true its a good idea, the game itself would do well on the DS but if Camelot have some good ideas then I'm all for it though I've never been into the GS games.

It really isn't anything new for Nintendo to shift formats for their games, they've been doing it since the SNES years.

Shadz said:
They still beat Valve in terms of support for games (except TF2)

Left 4 Dead anybody?
They still support Left 4 Dead 1. There is going to be a prequel to L4D2 episode The Passing.

http://kotaku.com/5469905/left-4-dead-2s-t...ic-more-l4d-dlc

From what I've played of L4D 2 its every bit of a sequel as the name suggests and is worthy of retail.

Also they still supported Half Life 1 for many years after that was released.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
You people are reading too much into the email

The rep is simply stating to look out for information at the upcoming E3, no actual link is made between GS3 and the 3DS (which was probably just mentioned as it will probably be NOA's main announcement).

Chances are that the rep didn't even know what game he was talking about.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Meh, nintendo can do whatever it wants to golden sun as long as they actually release it. *coughunlikesegawithsonicxtremecough*

Stealth Fox said:
Sony supports there consoles......
why are you so bitchy about that?
IMO sony is still supporting the Ps2 mainly because the ps3 hasn't taken off as full as they originally intended to. (dude their sales are below the 360 and wii)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, firstly there's very little basis to the rumour, and that's all it is, a rumor.

Secondly, Nintendo has supported the hell out the the DS for about 6 years. It's not been all roses from the start and at points people were writing it off because it was underpowered. But Nintendo resisted the urge to replace it with a higher powered version and it worked with what people already had in their homes. All of the new iterations have been backwards compatible and purely optional. You can still play Spirit Tracks, China Town Wars, whatever you like on the original DS Phat you bought 6 years ago, longer than the usual five year life cycle of a console. The 'tweaked' versions of the DS are there if you want them, or if you're buying a DS for the first time. When the DSi came out, we didn't see a huge rush of DSi only games coming out forcing you to upgrade, nor did we see big franchises like Zelda moved on to DSi exclusive status to rob loyal customers of playing it unless they shelled out.

Thirdly, THEIR system, for the love of God, THEIR system. I'm no grammar nazi but christ on a jetski when you've read "Sony do this with there system, Nintendo do this with there system" about 40 times on the same page it makes me want to reach through the internet and slap someone on the back of the head.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlueStar said:
OK, firstly there's very little basis to the rumour, and that's all it is, a rumor.

Secondly, Nintendo has supported the hell out the the DS for about 6 years. It's not been all roses from the start and at points people were writing it off because it was underpowered. But Nintendo resisted the urge to replace it with a higher powered version and it worked with what people already had in their homes. All of the new iterations have been backwards compatible and purely optional. You can still play Spirit Tracks, China Town Wars, whatever you like on the original DS Phat you bought 6 years ago, longer than the usual five year life cycle of a console. The 'tweaked' versions of the DS are there if you want them, or if you're buying a DS for the first time. When the DSi came out, we didn't see a huge rush of DSi only games coming out forcing you to upgrade, nor did we see big franchises like Zelda moved on to DSi exclusive status to rob loyal customers of playing it unless they shelled out.

Thirdly, THEIR system, for the love of God, THEIR system. I'm no grammar nazi but christ on a jetski when you've read "Sony do this with there system, Nintendo do this with there system" about 40 times on the same page it makes me want to reach through the internet and slap someone on the back of the head.
This.
Seriously guys if you dont wanna buy the new console, dont simple as that.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Particularly with the 3DS, it will have to be designed a certain way before I'll even consider it. If the 3D is like that DSi head tracking vid, then it would work for me, but if it requires both eyes to see the 3D effect, I'd be screwed since I'm blind in one eye.

I think the 3D implementation WILL be the head-tracking type because Nintendo always likes to do things in a way that everyone can benefit from. Besides, special screens with 3D filters on them (or whatever) would not only be expensive, but will exclude people who only see with one eye from seeing the 3D effect, plus it would likely give you headaches if it forced you to cross your eyes or deal with some mirrored illusion for hours at a time while playing a game. Another benefit of the head-tracking 3D method would be that the games should easily be backwards compatible with the older DS's..... you just won't see the 3D effect, that's all.

Golden Sun? Maybe they'll make the 3D a switchable feature that you can turn on and off at the touch of a button. Who knows how easy (or hard) it will be to implement the type of 3D they plan to use. I doubt they'll make it a 3DS-exclusive title though. At best it will be 3DS-enhanced. Nintendo knows there are still more regular DS's out there than DSi's and it doesn't seem like they want to kill older DS's off just yet, otherwise they would have done it when the DSi released.

Hurry up June, we need more info on this new system. We're wasting too much bandwidth on speculation.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see this happening at all. They've already been confirming it over and over again for DS, they're also very far in development with it by now. And they just confirmed the game only a few months ago for a release on DS sometime this fiscal year. They would have just kept quiet about it if they intended to change platforms. The article itself is pretty retarded, saying that just because that one line at the end of the email confirms the game is coming to 3DS. That confirms nothing...

I could see it having some enhancements or something maybe, but not solely for 3DS. They already went through the trouble of making the game a main title announced at last year's E3 at the presentation. And if you knew anything about new systems, you'd know that the old system usually lasts a good 2-3 years after the new one comes out. Plenty of time for the DS to keep on kicking.

Unless they upgrade the 3DS' specs and make it near Gamecube-caliber, i see very little benefit from having the game on 3DS. And i can't imagine what they would try to do with the 3D gimmick in the game...

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i think people are forgetting something called "userbase". It's simple math people, let's say the 3DS comes out with Golden Sun as a Launch title, how much do you think the game will sell? Do you think Nintendo wants people to say "OMG GOLDEN SUN I NEED A 3DS!!!11". They wont. People who care about Golden Sun are less than there are people who care about Nintencats or Brain Age 3D.
So let's say they bring it out for the regular DS (what they actually did say). The DS has sold 120+ Million times. Now would you (as a developer/publisher) bring it out for a console that no one even has bought, or would you release it for a game system that sold a megatonzillion times?
So there, your point is moot.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe they do it like Zelda, make a 3DS version and a DS version

But imo I love Golden Sun and if nintendo is smart they make 2 version and make the 3DS one a launcher ;D

Mid123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stealth fox needs to take a chill pill
wacko.gif

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
they better bring the f zero series back to life on the 3ds. or at least allow me to play the n64 version on it.
i'll buy one if they do.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm rather disappointed and hope that this is just a rumor. I'm not shelling out the money for a system that I can't even view because of the way my eyes function, which sucks because the rest of the system sounds awesome.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well if the 3DS turns out to be a new handheld and not another DS revision, we WILL have many exclusives... so Golden Sun on the 3DS wouldn't be that bad xD

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this better not be for 3DS but if it is it better be for DS also, golden sun 1 and 2 are my favourite games of all time and ill be very dissapointed if nintendo dont put it on DS like they showed at E3 last year, if this is true well then it does explain why there havent been any new screens or info since last E3 so much for it being out in 2010 looks very very unlikely.

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I was about to buy an Acekard2i, and then they announce the 3DS, and I think "Hmm, maybe I'll just save this money for a flascard for the 3DS." Then when the rumors of Golden Sun 3 being on the 3DS began it became a sticky note on the side of my monitor reading: "WAIT TILL 3DS/GOLDEN SUN DS COMES OUT, THEN BUY APPROPRIATE CARD."

Basically, this game will decide where my money goes. I'm thinking I might just pick the actual cart up too, since you never know what these games are going to be worth in 5-10 years.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you guys are just misreading the message. maybe Nintendo just wanted them to get excited for the nintendo 3ds and had no intentions of having golden sun in the whole to be in the message other than not being able to give any info on it.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Comrade Cough said:
Haha, I was about to buy an Acekard2i, and then they announce the 3DS, and I think "Hmm, maybe I'll just save this money for a flascard for the 3DS." Then when the rumors of Golden Sun 3 being on the 3DS began it became a sticky note on the side of my monitor reading: "WAIT TILL 3DS/GOLDEN SUN DS COMES OUT, THEN BUY APPROPRIATE CARD."

Basically, this game will decide where my money goes. I'm thinking I might just pick the actual cart up too, since you never know what these games are going to be worth in 5-10 years.

lol, assuming there will be a flashcart for the 3DS.

Anyway, I would LOVE to see Golden Sun 3 come out on the 3DS just to see you whiny entitled crybabies shed delicious tears of butthurt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1