Hacking Golden Sun: Dark Dawn? (europe)

dude of the gree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Golden Sun to work on my R4. All I get is a black screen. A few games don't work, but I recall that for some games theres a patch that fixes this problem, but I can't find one for Golden Sun. Is there one somewhere, or am I screwed?

Edit: Actually, this isn't the only one I'm having trouble with. Some games will work fine, but others won't. I've tried them in Desmume, though, and they work fine.

Edit2: Its an R4DS Ultra, as far as I can tell. I've gone through all the games I have currently loaded, most of them work, only four don't:
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Mega Man Zero Legends
Pokémon Black/Pokémon White.

dude of the gree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unsure. I received this card as a gift, so I'm not the one that set it up. How do I know if its using YSmenu or not?

Right now, there are two folders on the card other than the directory, "_SYSTEM_" and "MOONSHL".

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's Ysmenu for different flash carts. Since you either have a R4 sdhc or a r4 clone you should try using that.

dude of the gree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, there are a lot of folders in that download. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to use. Do I just replace Moonshl with one of these?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the folder R4_Clone. Open the folder and copy the contents to the root of your memory stick. Than start the Ysmenu.nds on the r4 and it will boot to a different menu. Than start Golden sun and it will work. I just tried it a min ago

dude of the gree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't work, but thanks for your help anyway.

However, I now know the problem isn't restricted to this rom, so I'm focusing on getting YSmenu to work. Using the link Sheaperd121 provided earlier, I downloaded RetroGamerFans files, and can get YSmenu to boot through the filebrowser with the files from the R4 Clone folder. However, I get an "Unsupported DLDI name" error message when I try to start a rom. My original firmware is moonshell 1.51 on an R4 Ultra.

Anyone else have any solutions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill