Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Discussion Thread

TorNis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wdowell84 said:
That's true about Golden Sun, so I do hold out some hope for a patch. Super Scribblenauts isn't just a kids game though and it is a lot of fun , and much better than the first one too. However you are right that it is less popular than Golden Sun.
Don't worry. Game was released today, so once VENOM gets their own copy, they will do their magic.
But there could also other people patch/fix
wink.gif

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kadin said:
I can confirm that it's working with 1.18 as well on a standard r4 cart with a 2gb SanDisk MicroSD card.

I have exactly the same configuration except for it's not working.

There are supposedly two dumps of Golden Sun. The dump with the following checksum is not working

md5sum: 882b71aa3e797e6b3b930171216cc15c
crc32: 57669a40

Could anyone who has Golden Sun working on Wood firmware 1.18 post the checksum (either md5 or crc32) of the ROM?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I guess there are no extras if you have GS 1 or 2 in the GBA-Slot?
frown.gif

Was hoping to get at least an item or something..

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
This game grows insufferable pretty fast, and I'm not sure I want to ever contemplate the sort of mental damage afflicting the person who writes these games. I tolerated the verbosity of the first two games because it was the GBA and they were great in every other respect. But it's the third game and they still can't find a way to say "go north to point B and do something" in less than fifty pages of superfluous dialogue.

The most useful psynergy should be the "shut up" spell that causes everybody within athe room to stop talking and get on with it already.

Me thinks perhaps RPGs are not for you. Superfluous dialogue is a hallmark of the genre.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
GeekyGuy said:
dib said:
This game grows insufferable pretty fast, and I'm not sure I want to ever contemplate the sort of mental damage afflicting the person who writes these games. I tolerated the verbosity of the first two games because it was the GBA and they were great in every other respect. But it's the third game and they still can't find a way to say "go north to point B and do something" in less than fifty pages of superfluous dialogue.

The most useful psynergy should be the "shut up" spell that causes everybody within athe room to stop talking and get on with it already.

Me thinks perhaps Camelot RPGs are not for you. Superfluous dialogue is a hallmark of Camelot.
Fixed.
Think of the positive side! If you stop playing now you won't be so lost when you come back because they keep repeating what they happens.

Teton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
powered_by_tux said:
Kadin said:
I can confirm that it's working with 1.18 as well on a standard r4 cart with a 2gb SanDisk MicroSD card.

I have exactly the same configuration except for it's not working.

There are supposedly two dumps of Golden Sun. The dump with the following checksum is not working

md5sum: 882b71aa3e797e6b3b930171216cc15c
crc32: 57669a40

Could anyone who has Golden Sun working on Wood firmware 1.18 post the checksum (either md5 or crc32) of the ROM?

21d39a916600ec8d96c99a2d9a2dae63bcff4bbf

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
dib said:

Obviously you never played Xenogears n_n

I guess that if the plot is good, i'm not having any problem reading tons of text boxes. Of course you get tired of that sometimes, but no pain no gain. I was mentally prepared for pages and pages of crap. LOL.

TorNis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why Dragon Quest IX each week's DLC and Legacy Boss farming + Fire Emblems's Wi-fi battles keep me busy
smile.gif

For good.

TorNis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was always in JRPG anyway.
And since this board is not full of GS fans, you will always find "too much text" guys.

Soulshine

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't decide..I'm a fan of GS, but it's just that I'm playing COD and Breath of Fire IV atm..but I really want it now, and I've played 30 of it on my cousin's Supercard. Anyhow..is there a full map of the game, for those who have purchased GS DD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: Are we quoting Greasy Strangler or Napoleon Dynamite? Haven't seen either in a fat minute