Hacking Gold R4i (r4ids.com version)

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first flash cart is an R4i Gold, specifically the r4ids.com version. (I think there are at least two other "Gold" R4i versions.) According to what I've read on multiple forums and BBS this particular clone is actually an AK2i clone. I have spent hours looking through various posts and googling alternatives to the official firmware of this clone. I have found:

1. I could successfully build YSMenu, but there is a problem with DLDI if I attempt to run anything within it.
--- I have used r4ysauto to build (as R4; auto start NDS file), and also Mini YSMenu Generator (in AK2i Firmware mode with akmenu4.nds from 3 different versions of AKAIO, one of which was supposedly cracked, though I tried to find as much information as I could, I couldn't figure out if it even mattered.)

2. I could not successfully run either builds of AKAIO I tried, though 1.4.1 had the result of loading partially; displaying a slot-1, microSD, and slot-2 icon but no text or graphics were visible. The cracked AKAIO from earlier this year simply loaded into a black screen.

Can anyone tell me if they have been successful at running YSMenu on this model, or have suggestions on what I can do to make it work? Or confirm that it's currently not possible?

I am not asking for help using older AKAIO builds though, I do own an Acekard 2i now. I really just wanted to get something better than R4i Gold FW1.31 working on my own. To learn and to make the old flashcart useful as a spare or gift.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm