Hacking Going to install CFW with the PS3Xploit (by bguerville, esc0rtd3w and W) - which CFW? How?

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In short: My Fat PS3 which I used in tandem with a Cobra ODE died and now I got a used Slim model (CECH2004A) on OFW 4.82 which I intend to jailbreak via the webexploit. I think I get the webexploit done, but which CFW to chose and how to do it safely and how to use the CFW to play my dumps (ISOs) i used on the ODE is beyond me so far.

1. Which CFW do you recommend and why? I have to say that I intend to use my old ISO dumps I used on the Cobra ODE.
2. So after the exploit has been executed I shut the PS3 down, put the CFW file on the USB stick (PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP) and then press/hold the power button to get into the recovery menu, right? And then? Will a prompt appear to install the CFW?
3. Is there any indication in the XMB that cfw is running?
4. Do I need additional homebrew apps to get the ISOs working?

Sry for the noobish questions, I've hacked many consoles (Wii, Switch, Vita/PSTV, PS4), but it always seems that the process is quite different with each console and one starts from zero basically. XD

Last edited by moonblood666,

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rebug 4.84.1 is the most complete.

You will see new icons.

You need to select the update option in recovery to install the cfw, nothing will start magically.

It will say Rebug.

You need multiman, put your isos in the iso folder of multiman (you will find it in multiman file explorer.

Every console is different, no steps in common.

Last edited by lucks,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3. Is there any indication in the XMB that cfw is running?

The most obvious one all CFW have is the "install package" menu option.

4. Do I need additional homebrew apps to get the ISOs working?

I use sman, it integrates with xmb for a really nice experience. However it seems that webman mod is the most actively developed, I used to use multiman but it's big and slow and has annoying music.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not true, habib is the most complete at the moment. It contains an updated version of Cobra wich rebug lacks at the moment and has all the features of Rebug in it and even the same toolbox. Look for starbuged ( habib is also on the rebug team )

Last edited by kumikochan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?