Hacking i can't find my exdata folder in multimann??

k_huntington

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr: why do i not have an exdata folder? trying to get my act.dat file, but no folder.

ok. so i'm goin to detail what i'm doing, and how i'm doing it, because maybe i'm just approaching this all wrong. so i initially had my ps3 on HFW 4.84 with han, for running delisted games i had acquired after delist (most notably, after burner climax. which was the entire whole reason i even did HFW, was for that one single game) i figure since the big delist is coming, i may as well just update to 4.87 and go CFW since the option is there.

so for starters: i'm not a complete dolt with this stuff. i have an og xbox that i built up with CFW and the entire library installed. same with the WiiU, and i have flashed my PSTV. so i understand how these things work and how to navigate trees and ssh/ftp.

- have installed and flashed to ferrox cobra 4.87

-so i am *assuming* with cfw, i don't even need hen/han. that is for HFW. right? like, is hen even compatible with 4.87?

-i'm *assuming* still yet, to install pkg/rap i still need to use psxresign to resign the rap, even when bypassing hen/han. thus is why i'm trying to get my keys in order. i have the act/idps for 4.84 saved, but i think those need to be updated because i am getting an error when installing my test subject. either they need to be updated, or they are signed with a secondary user i was using 2 years ago.

any help? there is just so much i can glean from youtube and such, but at the end of the day i just want to get some one on one interaction on if i'm in the right ballpark.
thanks.

Attachments

• multimann.jpg
    multimann.jpg
    618.5 KB · Views: 446

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you probably haven't activated your system yet then. the act.dat will be in the exdata folder along with the rifs (rights information file is what it stands for, but they're basically licenses).

k_huntington

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you probably haven't activated your system yet then. the act.dat will be in the exdata folder along with the rifs (rights information file is what it stands for, but they're basically licenses).

ok. i ended up redownloading Journey, and that seemed to do it. so for the sake of argument... going forward after july if someone grabs a ps3 whos never had a playstation before, are they boned? cause i just downloaded an already purchased game to get it, is there another method?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. i ended up redownloading Journey, and that seemed to do it. so for the sake of argument... going forward after july if someone grabs a ps3 whos never had a playstation before, are they boned? cause i just downloaded an already purchased game to get it, is there another method?

we know how to create an act.dat, but whether the system will accept it or not is another story. a fake act.dat will be deleted at next boot unless the vsh.self is patched. the exact patch is on psdevwiki.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this is the patch (at least for 3.55) for a fake act.dat (unsigned): https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Patches#reActPSN

creating a properly signed act.dat may be impossible without sony's signing key. I know this is true of content on the 360 and why we need jtags and rgh consoles.

k_huntington

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. apparently i'm a dunce. every time i try to install a pkg i get an error (80029564) at like 20% in.

so basically with HFW and han, i had to do han enabler to enable han, then i just installed the pkg to my internal storage and done.

i'm assuming with CFW that's not necessary. i should just be able to install packages directly from a cold boot, right? so i turn on the ps3. put memory stick in, navigate to pkg installer, choose pkg, and choose install, and it errors out 20% in.

if i choose the same pkg not resigned, it installs all the way through, but of course it has no key so it wont work. but if i use psxresigner, it errors out on me. i've done this in the past, so the workflow with resigner should be fine. so i don't understand why i'm getting errors now, when on han it was a smooth transaction is resigner only for doing games with hen/han?

do i *have* to use reActPSN? is that the issue? because i'm just wanting to avoid that whole thing to save me from having to sign in to different accounts to play games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a pkg corruption error. you might have to ask on psx place. I don't know why that's happening if the pkg is good.

k_huntington

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i figured it out. instead of psxresign i can use psnpatcher... but rap files need an extension of .rap, and not .RAP. the past several hours of trial and error i didnt notice the extension was caps locked, and honestly i wouldn't have even thought that would matter. after correcting the extension everything just works. now hopefully i dont get my PSN id banned while i was rooting around today, trying to figure out what the issue was whilst downloading crap off the store.

Josh_184

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You're just go to dev_hdd0 and then you search the ex data folder, don't open any folder except dev_hdd0.

Sorry my English was bad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?