Country
Netherlands
I'm going to import an American wii for the following reasons:
- It saves me 80 euros
- I can play releases earlier
- No censord games (no more heroes
happy.gif
)

But I need some help! How is it with the friendcode system? Will I still be able to play against my friend here in europe? I heard that the game supermario soccer blockes region friendcodes :S

And are there other things to look out for when i import my console? ( I know about the 110 in the US and 220 in europe
wink.gif
)

Thanks!

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
friend codes depends on each game, you can perfectly well play online with japanese or american people in pokemans battle revolution.

and just be careful that your tv accepts NTSC systems, or you'll be playing in black and white only. oh, and RGB/Scart cables do not work with a US system, so, if you've got and HD set, buy component cables

AmnesiaHaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i decided also to buy an NTSC wii for the same reasons exept to save money (wasnt so cheap at all:D)

youll just need to have 2 wall outlet adapters from US to EU standart (minimum 100W) like this :

http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?...MP=BAC-shopping

, one for the Wii and one in case the TV is PAL-Only for the NTSC->PAL Tv signal converter.

an good option is to use this one from mayflash:

http://www.mayflash.com/others/pc026/pc026-3.htm

of course you need also an mod-chip in case you sell the PAL wii for the games u bought be4.

Sonikku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm also planning to buy an NTSC-U Wii, but I already have a PAL with accessories. I have an extra Wii-mote/nunchuck, a Datel LAN adapter and a Joytech power station. And don't forget my gamecube Controllers/MemCards. I was wondering if I could use these on a NTSC-U Wii, too. Anyone can confirm this?

Also, does there happen to be a store in Europe that sells NTSC-U Wii consoles? I really don't like the idea of shipping costs and extra taxes.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i was considering getting a usa Wii, only problem is i would get a Wii with a different motherboard and it would be expensive to mod compared to a launch Wii, i have to sell my current pal Wii to afford the usa Wii and buy a converter for the power too, just not sure yet because of the expenses.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You know... It's far easier to import an NTSC system in Europe, than to import a PAL system in the US.

Unlike European TV sets which often support both 50hz and 60hz, virtually none sold on this entire continent do. I've never knowingly seen a TV that can accept 50hz in-person.

AmnesiaHaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that may be true , but i dont see any reason for importing PAL-consoles to USA . Cant imagine someone would actually buy one of those there.

PROS:
- you could play your games in spanish , french , german an learn some foreign language
tongue.gif

CONS:
- delayed releases , or no releases at all
- 50Hz
- censored games
- compatibility
- import costs

AmnesiaHaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i actually thought it would be like that because the Nintendo has an external trasnformator so the voltage that goes into the console itself has to be same , but i bought the converter anyway so i can use both consoles at the same time on 2 TVs

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A friend of mine is bringing one from his holiday in the vs
smile.gif
If he can find one!...

Sonikku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wheres a good place to import? PA is sold out

I was wondering that too

I'm also planning to buy an NTSC-U Wii, but I already have a PAL with accessories. I have an extra Wii-mote/nunchuck, a Datel LAN adapter and a Joytech power station. And don't forget my gamecube Controllers/MemCards. I was wondering if I could use these on a NTSC-U Wii, too. Anyone can confirm this?

Anyone happens to know this, please?

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
sonikku, I have a US launch unit, and I purchased my accessories in France (Component cables, extra mote and nunchuk) and everything works fine. I can even play a large bunch of my PAL NGC games thanks to my wiikey. All my NGC memory cards work fine (59blocks for US games, and 3 251 blocks for my pal games)

hell, I can even play smash bros melee with my Dualshock 2 (via adapter)

Sonikku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
sonikku, I have a US launch unit, and I purchased my accessories in France (Component cables, extra mote and nunchuk) and everything works fine. I can even play a large bunch of my PAL NGC games thanks to my wiikey. All my NGC memory cards work fine (59blocks for US games, and 3 251 blocks for my pal games)

hell, I can even play smash bros melee with my Dualshock 2 (via adapter)

Thnx for the information
smile.gif

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as getting games goes, Movietyme and Videogamesplus get my votes.

MT is cheap and VG+ are fast - and both mark them down so they slip past Customs!

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well my friend is in the us right now.. I hope he can find one! But i predict everywhere it will be sold out..
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr