Homebrew Going insane trying to get hard drive to work.

FroggyCracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I am somewhat new to Wii modding and use to be able to handle this stuff on my own no sweat, but lately I just cant do it alone. So I made my little cousin a modded wii, gave her the hard drive with it as well. Well lately I got another Wii and a new 2tb hard drive. Format to FAT32 and I just cant get ANYTHING to work. I try to open home brew chennal without an sd card in and it does a code dump. Try it with an SD card in and still usb wont show up. snes9x emulator cant find it, says no usb drive found. USB Loader cant even find any of my games or gamecube games. Any ideas? Lets start from scratch because my head is all messed up and frustrated lol.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can recall, that USB Flash drives should be on port 1 on the Wii to be correctly detected by homebrew. That's how I use mine and haven't had any issues since I modded my Wii.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

FroggyCracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded the Wii using letterbomb thing. Homebrew is installed. The hard drive is plugged into bottom port (when the wii is on its side). Also the only reason I bought this hard drive is I seen modded wiis on ebay using them. I found a hard drive list of drives, but looked very dated. I formatted using windows command line, when that didnt work I tried another program as well. The hard drivr is a my passport ultra 2 tb

FroggyCracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all the replies. After work (and of course hanging out with the wife today). Ill give ModMii a try and see if it helps. As far as thr hard drive goes should I get a different one? Or any better way to format fat 32 on windows 10?

Reactions: ca032769

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you for all the replies. After work (and of course hanging out with the wife today). Ill give ModMii a try and see if it helps. As far as thr hard drive goes should I get a different one? Or any better way to format fat 32 on windows 10?
check if that hdd is MBR or gpt

type "disk management" in the windows search thing, it should appear as "create and format hdd" or something like that
use that window instead of the command line version its almost the same thing

click in the left bottom side in the disk you are trying to make in the wii., see if the "convert to GPT", if the option to convert to MBR shows, it means its in gpt

you can as well use the program that i use that makes everything easier: http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html

FroggyCracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well may have to try another drive. tried another wii, re hacked it, didnt work. trried formatting drive with above application, tried to start fresh, still wont work. homebrew channel just doesnt like it at all. When I go to click usb in home brew channel it gives a dump error. Any suggestions for 1 or 2 tb hard drives that work?? I thought this one would work for sure seeing as others have used it.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well may have to try another drive. tried another wii, re hacked it, didnt work. trried formatting drive with above application, tried to start fresh, still wont work. homebrew channel just doesnt like it at all. When I go to click usb in home brew channel it gives a dump error. Any suggestions for 1 or 2 tb hard drives that work?? I thought this one would work for sure seeing as others have used it.

What drive are you using specifically?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those should both work as far as I know.

Use a Y-cable or external power source.
Make sure any encryption or power saving modes are turned off.
Make sure it is MBR and not GPT.
Make sure there are no hidden partitions.
Make one formatted partition that is FAT32 with 32K clusters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol