OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone.

I have a question.

I've got a New 3DS downgraded to 9.2 in order to install an emunand with CFW.

I didn't unlink both NAND as I wanted to be able to revert the process and keep my saves.

I don't really use CFW perks (don't use homebrews, and I purchase games), so I wanted to going back "full legit" by updating my sysnand.

As I didn't unlink my NANDs, all content created on my EmuNAND should be readable on my SysNAND wright ?

If I understand right, there is an index on the sysnand in order to know if files (full games, or saves) have been created. And this index is not complete on my sysNAND as that data created from the emuNAND are linked to the index of this same emuNAND.

How can I do to get my saves back on my sysnand ?

I thought I could do this :

- Full backup of my SD card
- format SD card (in order to get rid of the emunand partition)
- update my sysnand to the last version
- launch all my games + re-download of my eshop titles + DLC. This should recreate the index data for those saves, and with this "destroy" my saves
- copy my backup saves to the SD card and erase the already existing data. As the index should now be updated, the backup saves should work right ?

Is this process OK or am I missing something ? (or everything >_< !)

Thank you for your help :)

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
That should work - you only have 1 hex named folder in Nintendo 3DS right?

Just to be safe I'd batch backup decrypted saves with Jksm as well - run it via hbl on both sysnand and emunand.

Also I'd then update; delete/replace 'N 3DS' folder - then deal with any titles not showi g up via delete/redownload.

Last edited by HyperT,

Galcian44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That should work - you only have 1 hex named folder in Nintendo 3DS right?

Just to be safe I'd batch backup decrypted saves with Jksm as well - run it via hbl on both sysnand and emunand
Yes, only 1 hex named folder in Nintendo 3DS folder :).

That's (really) great news ! I will backup my saves with jksm like you advised (never tried it but it seems pretty easy to use).

Thank you for your answer :). Once it's done I will post the results.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, only 1 hex named folder in Nintendo 3DS folder :).

That's (really) great news ! I will backup my saves with jksm like you advised (never tried it but it seems pretty easy to use).

Thank you for your answer :). Once it's done I will post the results.
If at the moment you are seeing different titles on emunand/sysnand - then the other option is to dump the tickets from emunand and add them to sysnand. But yea delete/reinstall should also add the ticket; which should make the title appearl try reinstall first - it might just download the ticket so you don't need to redownload the ticket

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I recommend just following https://3ds.guide/ and following the "Move EmuNAND" step at the end to have a fully functional setup that works just like a legit console but still leaves you with a CFW for if you decide to use homebrew in the future?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I recommend just following https://3ds.guide/ and following the "Move EmuNAND" step at the end to have a fully functional setup that works just like a legit console but still leaves you with a CFW for if you decide to use homebrew in the future?
Issue is that they want to merge not move; the nands are linked - but tickets are installed into the nands themselves.

A9lh; restore sysnand backup; dump tickets from emunand; install tickets into sysnand; update via system settings. Would probably be best for future-proofing; but OP wants to be fully stock - in which case after installing tickets to sysnand you would uninstall a9lh via sa9lhinstaller

Galcian44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If at the moment you are seeing different titles on emunand/sysnand - then the other option is to dump the tickets from emunand and add them to sysnand. But yea delete/reinstall should also add the ticket; which should make the title appearl try reinstall first - it might just download the ticket so you don't need to redownload the ticket
Mhhhh sorry but I don't know what is the "ticket". Is it the kind of database / index I spoke about ? If yes, how do you do this (exporting / importing the ticket) ?

Is it totally safe to do it from EmuNAND to SysNAND ?

Sorry about the noob question :)

@squall14716 : thank you for your recommendation, it is kind of you but I really want to be full stock again. I won't be able to hack it back but it's OK for me. TBH I ordered the Switch, so I don't think I will buy or play new games on the 3DS (except the next Fire Emblem, but I will clearly buy it). I really don't have any interest for the CFW perks. I wanted to try some games for free, but in the end I didn't play them because I didn't wanted to buy them in the first place.

Thank you, both off you for your advice. I'm starting to copy my SD card to the computer :)

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Mhhhh sorry but I don't know what is the "ticket". Is it the kind of database / index I spoke about ? If yes, how do you do this (exporting / importing the ticket) ?

Is it totally safe to do it from EmuNAND to SysNAND ?

Sorry about the noob question :)

@squall14716 : thank you for your recommendation, it is kind of you but I really want to be full stock again. I won't be able to hack it back but it's OK for me. TBH I ordered the Switch, so I don't think I will buy or play new games on the 3DS (except the next Fire Emblem, but I will clearly buy it). I really don't have any interest for the CFW perks. I wanted to try some games for free, but in the end I didn't play them because I didn't wanted to buy them in the first place.

Thank you, both off you for your advice. I'm starting to copy my SD card to the computer :)
Essentially. On stock system; you buy something = signed ticket added; ticket used to download title from nintendo servers. From then on if the correctly signed ticket isn't there the title won't show up on the homemenu.

Tickets can be backed up via decrypt9 [via HBL on 9.2] I believe.

What I'd check first after running JKSM to backup the saves; open the eshop on sysnand and see if there's a reinstall/download button for a title you have only on emunand.

Your sysnand atm. is essentially stock; you just have menuhax files added to sdcard; and changing themes [or updating] will remove that

Galcian44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Essentially. On stock system; you buy something = signed ticket added; ticket used to download title from nintendo servers. From then on if the correctly signed ticket isn't there the title won't show up on the homemenu.

Tickets can be backed up via decrypt9 [via HBL on 9.2] I believe.

What I'd check first after running JKSM to backup the saves; open the eshop on sysnand and see if there's a reinstall/download button for a title you have only on emunand.

Your sysnand atm. is essentially stock; you just have menuhax files added to sdcard; and changing themes [or updating] will remove that

Allright I'll try that then. If there is a reinstall / download button I will be able to test if it automatically retrieve it's save. Is that what you were thinking ?

Silly question but, how can I launch the eshop without updating my sysnand ? (didn't tried it, maybe it's working but it seems weird
Lucky I've got Decrypt9 (the developper is such a nice person too BTW).

I can confirm that the sysnand is full stock. I didn't install anything "non-legit" (either homebrew or illegal games) on it so I have to use the browserhax in order to launch unsigned code.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Allright I'll try that then. If there is a reinstall / download button I will be able to test if it automatically retrieve it's save. Is that what you were thinking ?

Silly question but, how can I launch the eshop without updating my sysnand ? (didn't tried it, maybe it's working but it seems weird
Lucky I've got Decrypt9 (the developper is such a nice person too BTW).

I can confirm that the sysnand is full stock. I didn't install anything "non-legit" (either homebrew or illegal games) on it so I have to use the browserhax in order to launch unsigned code.
So not even menuhax on sysnand. Ctr-Httpwn from hbl should get you into eshop.

Thinking another way; do you have any eshop purchases on sysnand or are they all on emunand? I guess you have some non-eshop cias on emunand as well...

Galcian44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So not even menuhax on sysnand. Ctr-Httpwn from hbl should get you into eshop.

Thinking another way; do you have any eshop purchases on sysnand or are they all on emunand? I guess you have some non-eshop cias on emunand as well...
Oops you are correct I have menuhax on sysnand. I was glad I could uninstall it by changing the theme so that is the only thing I installed on sysnand.

OK for Ctr-Httpwn, I will get this and try in the next minutes.

Yes, I have eshop purchases on sysnand. And I have some eshop purchases done on emunand. Those on sysnand are available on emunand as it was a perfect copy on the very beginning.

Yes I had some non-eshop cias on emunand but I uninstalled all of them properly (via data menu) after the EmuNAND backup.

I just launched JSDK. Great software but I didn't find every save files, for exemple Fire Emblem fates one. Is it normal ?

Galcian44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mhhhh... I can't use ctr-httpwn. I always get this error "the installed http sysmodule version(v12288) is not supported. The sysmodule version must be one from system-version >= 9.6.0-X.

In fact I'm on 9.2 on sysnand.

Is there any way to launch it on 9.2 ?

I tried the patched 1.0.1d version, but still the same issue.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought ctr-httpwn would work; maybe not then I guess

So no new titles on sysnand that aren't on emunand... What I was thinking you could do is dump emunand and flash it over sysnand.

Not sure on fates; have you tried jksm from hbl on emunand? And/or used the .cia

Galcian44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

I tried to update my sysnand without any more test.

As expected : no emunand title on the sysnand, so I went to eshop in order to re-download my games.

Eshop took 2-3 times longer than usual to launch (at first I thought it was freezed) but then : miracle, everything was back to normal and I retrieved all my data (games & saves) created from the emunand.

I guess that eshop rebuilt / updated the index properly.

I am so pleased it worked so easily, without loosing anything.

Thank you again for all your help :).

Reactions: HyperT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM