Hacking Go to CIA or continue with 3dz?

Nadname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Hey everyone , i just go informed on the cia stuff and i would like to know if i should continue using the .3dz on the gateway or use the cia , because what's the point of turning it into a cia and would my savedata be corrupted if i made the transition . Thanks

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For .cia games you don't need to worry about headers, if you're playing online games with a pirated copy. If you're using your own legal backup & you didn't share it, then there's no need to bother with converting it to .cia unless you want to play them on a CFW without gateway & if I'm correct you can convert your saves to .sav so they'll work just fine with a .cia version. The 3ds also has a save conversion app that lets you transfer the cartrigdes save file to the digital version of the game if that game has 1. For other games you'll need to use savedata filer I think. The cartrigde will be left empty though. I hope this answers your question.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone , i just go informed on the cia stuff and i would like to know if i should continue using the .3dz on the gateway or use the cia , because what's the point of turning it into a cia and would my savedata be corrupted if i made the transition . Thanks

.3dz = Inject your private header into a .3ds
.cia = Uses your 3DS' ID as a header

If you're going from .3dz > .cia (or the other way around) in a game you're already playing, you'll use SaveDataFiler (Need to google for it) & http://3dsdb.com/ (to lookup the last 5 number / letters of your game) backup the save, then inject the save to either CTR if you're going from cia to 3dz or to the SD if you're going from 3dz > cia.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.3dz = Inject your private header into a .3ds
.cia = Uses your 3DS' ID as a header

If you're going from .3dz > .cia (or the other way around) in a game you're already playing, you'll use SaveDataFiler (Need to google for it) & http://3dsdb.com/ (to lookup the last 5 number / letters of your game) backup the save, then inject the save to either CTR if you're going from cia to 3dz or to the SD if you're going from 3dz > cia.
Can you do this with a cart? I'm trying to get my .cia save to my cart, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you do this with a cart? I'm trying to get my .cia save to my cart, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

You can try this:

Export Retail Card with CFW and SDF:

Note: As for CFW works only with FW4.5, 6.x encryption will fail.

1. You need CFW and installed SafeDataFiler on a spare SD Card
2. Start your CFW and insert your Cartridge
3. Start SafeDataFiler and highlight CTR Card
4. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame
5. Turn off your 3DS and move the 'filer' folder to your PC
6. Switch over to your Gateway (emuNAND) SD Card and add the 'filer' folder from PC
7. Insert your Gateway (emuNAND) SD Card into your 3DS
8. Start your 3DS, execute Exploit and start SaveDataFiler
9. Now you can follow A8 for eShop or B5 for .3ds/.3dz

(Be patient with CFW, sometimes it takes 10 tries to get it working)

Thx queno138 : original Post
https://gbatemp.net/threads/transfe...-save-data-transfer-tool.379420/#post-5304170

From: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

Nadname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Thanks for all the responses , so i have 2 SD cards one with 8 gb and one with 4 , since the games will be stored on the SD card instead of the gateway , i will have to switch the cards or not even using the Gateway one only for Cia updates and such ? also i tried using savedatafiler but it says Broken on my game so i can use it .

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the responses , so i have 2 SD cards one with 8 gb and one with 4 , since the games will be stored on the SD card instead of the gateway , i will have to switch the cards or not even using the Gateway one only for Cia updates and such ? also i tried using savedatafiler but it says Broken on my game so i can use it .

If you're trying to go from a Retail Cart to 3dz / cia, you'll need to SD cards like quoted in the post above (Even then I don't know for sure if it'll work)

For broken CTR see: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

Edit: 'e-shop' is cia btw.

Nadname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Man i don't know how to thank you for being so helpful it always blow my mind to be this nice , really thanks for answering all those questions from your time , have a good day man

Reactions: usernametaken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: