ROM Hack Gnirfleo - To be released TODAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It may be done, but I'm really hoping we get some explanation as to the motivation. While it was before I got my DS, I think Darkfader explained why he released his DS bricker (at least I think I read why somewhere, ages ago)...

Regardless, my guess is there will be nothing else, and this will all go down as another chapter in the, lets face it, quite interesting history of DS homebrew.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I believed it was real until he posted about the different versions that will be avaible.

QUOTE said:
Oh, and the last thing: There will be 4 different versions. They are somehow the same, but they differ in size. We don't know the exact sizes yet, but the difference is the amount of space that can be stored in the file. That is -to be honest- the only thing that's left to do here (and some parts of the interface, but that's not that important). The biggest file will probably have around 100 mb of space to store images, favorites, pages and maybe Flash in the future. :)If you don't have enough space on your Flash Card, you can always use a smaller one.

Why make different size versions that waste space. It's DLDI compatible so it can write directly to the card!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I believed it was real until he posted about the different versions that will be avaible.

QUOTE said:
Oh, and the last thing: There will be 4 different versions. They are somehow the same, but they differ in size. We don't know the exact sizes yet, but the difference is the amount of space that can be stored in the file. That is -to be honest- the only thing that's left to do here (and some parts of the interface, but that's not that important). The biggest file will probably have around 100 mb of space to store images, favorites, pages and maybe Flash in the future. :)If you don't have enough space on your Flash Card, you can always use a smaller one.

Why make different size versions that waste space. It's DLDI compatible so it can write directly to the card!

You make an interesting point. Man screw this guy!!!

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States

QUOTE said:

As I said earlier today, there are two reasons this is bullshit.

1. Homebrew on most cards (i.e. not M3 Perfect or SuperCard non-rumble) can only be up to 4MB. No exceptions.

2. There is no argv[0] on the DS. argv[0] is a variable passed to a program that tells it where it was executed from. Ever hit an Open button and it started out in the directory of the program itself? That's argv[0]. The DS doesn't have that, so how would Gnirfleo know where itself is?

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So many reasons it's all BS... And yet folk are still on there saying they believe and "it's just a bit late"...

Anyone want to get together, sell them the Eiffel Tower and split the money?

stingfist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its real I just downloaded it it roxs I typed this msg with it

LoL

Man there is already Dsorganize, god bless Dragonminded
laugh.gif
grog.gif

In any case, wasn't it too good to be true anyways? A graphical homebrew browser this early?

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry guys. I'm going to release it within the next ten minutes. Just gotta tie up a few loose ends.

Edit: Sorry, a little misleading. I was talking about my stool. Prune juice is kicking in.

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only there never was a title. It's been BS from day one. This entire hype has been built around 10 blogs posts, and nothing more.

Babazoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only there never was a title. It's been BS from day one. This entire hype has been built around 10 blogs posts, and nothing more.

And if there was a reason for doing this, it's to prove that if you use the right language, and tell people starved for something exactly what they want to hear, they'll believe anything you say.
wink2.gif

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep. Suckered SO many people. I think that's why it had such an odd name. A word that turned up no Google hits, to see just how many hits it'd get once the hoax was complete. From zero on day one, to over 22,000 now. Job well done.

I notice he's shut off anonymous posting on the blog now. All this nonsense on there for the last 3 weeks, and now it's over, he shuts off anonymous posting... Priceless.

And yet there are STILL people posting on there that they believe it's not fake and think he might have a problem uploading it...

HAHAHA! Every time I think I've seen the internet reach it's lowest point, it finds a new one.

This whole experience has been a riot.

furyoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep. Suckered SO many people. I think that's why it had such an odd name. A word that turned up no Google hits, to see just how many hits it'd get once the hoax was complete. From zero on day one, to over 22,000 now. Job well done.

I notice he's shut off anonymous posting on the blog now. All this nonsense on there for the last 3 weeks, and now it's over, he shuts off anonymous posting... Priceless.

And yet there are STILL people posting on there that they believe it's not fake and think he might have a problem uploading it...

HAHAHA! Every time I think I've seen the internet reach it's lowest point, it finds a new one.

This whole experience has been a riot.
I hope it's because there isn't a price to pay for being gullible online, that's why people do that. If the "believers" are as gullible in real life, I have a one of a kind invisible and touch-proof time machine up for grabs at a discounted price of $10 million.

furyoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course, what amuses me is the line "PS. I'm not dead"... Yeah, don't count your chickens. Any of the folk believing in you find out who you are, that may be rectified pretty swiftly...

He's actually challenging us to a massive manhunt. That cheeky bugger. No More Heroes just became reality. Lieberman will have a field day.

kersplatty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
he must be a fake how would you work a browser like a book if theres only one side of touch screen, it would mean only one side of click able links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, How high are you?