GlovePIE and 3rd party Classic Controller Conundrum

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Aerundel, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Aerundel
    OP

Newcomer Aerundel Advanced Member

United States
    I didn't know whether to post this in hardware or hacking, so here goes:

I recently bought Datel's Retro Wireless Classic Controller, which is a a classic controller with the connectivity of the wiimote built in so you don't need to connect a wiimote. I'm very impressed with it, and when I'm not using it to play Virtual Console games, it's synced to my PC to play games on ZSNES/SNES9X. I use the PIE scripts that are found on WiiLi.org for the respective emulators, but I've noticed something strange. Both scripts have mapped the right analog stick to A,B,Y,X for Smash TV (uses two joysticks in the arcade, SNES uses D-pad on the left and button combos on the right), which works fine using a Nintendo Classic Controller. But for some reason, the right stick on the Datel product doesn't register the mapping. I've confirmed that the stick DOES WORK by testing it on RE4 Wii Edition. The left stick works and maps fine for both controllers.

The only thing that I can think of is that I need to use different code in GlovePIE to map the right stick. Is there a way to find out how to map it differently? I don't even really play Smash TV, but it just bugs me that this is an issue and I think it would be helpful to find a solution. The Datel controller is a good product.

2. gundalf

Member gundalf GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Go to the GUI Tab.
    Click "Detect Output to Emulate" and press some random button on your keyboard.
    Now Click on "Detect Input"*, move now the right joystick, after that press "Aply".
    Now go to "Untitled" tab and paste here the text.

*dont move your mouse or something else!

3. Aerundel
    OP

United States
    Is GlovePIE supposed to wait for an input before revealing all the parameter fields below the button? When I detect output, it waits until I press a key then lists all the outputs, with the key I pressed highlighted. But when I detect input, it automatically fills in "RawJoy1X" no matter what I do. I'm using 0.30 btw.

4. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    never heard about that controller before. it looks pretty sweet.

5. Aerundel
    OP

United States
    It seems like GlovePIE isn't detecting the analog sticks on either classic controller when I try to map them through the GUI tab. I even downloaded and tried 0.29. The digital buttons get detected just fine.

6. gundalf

Spain
    Ah sry my fault, it is normal that the joysticks cant be detected with the GUI.

Well take this:
    Key.A = Wiimote1.Classic.Joy2X = 25%
    Key.S = Wiimote1.Classic.Joy2Y = 25%

Now go to the Editor/Notepad and move the joystick, it should be now writing some random letters.

7. Aerundel
    OP

United States
    Like I said earlier, that works for the Nintendo controller but not the Datel controller. And yet both work on the Wii. I almost want to "blame" GlovePie at this point. Perhaps they need to build in support for the product before scripts for the right stick will work.

8. gundalf

Spain
    Well then it looks like that the "Wiimote1.Classic.Joy2 Function" does not work with your controller.
    The only thing you can do is to wait till Carl Kenner get one of those controllers.
    And i think this will not happen any time soon. But at least you could write him an email and see what he says to this problem.