Hacking Ghostbusters (I know...) I like this method

TrapperKeeperX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here is what I did to get the Ghostbusters to work.

Some people did this method and they're are a bunch of methods to get this game to work well but I find this method to be better.

Before anything I'm not going to tell you were to download it but I'll tell you to download the the official dump by WiiZARD .

I don't scrub it or use GenericWiiPatcher.

Download & Install cIOS rev13a (aka cIOS rev13)
Download & Install cIOSCORP
Download the NeoGammaR4C3

Here is what I do to get this game working load the game with NeoGammaR4C3 and load it from DVD burned copy. and when the game loads eject the game right away if you get the Please Insert disc right away reinsert it then your good to go and enjoy Ghostbusters.

I do recommend this trick.

All I have to say this one rule don't post any methods in this topic or I'll get it locked that's all I asked. If you want to make a list of methods to get Ghostbusters to work then create a new topic.

But I'll allow bumps to keep it up to date.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no trick to loading this and the other new games other than installing rev13a and using a loader with the 002 fix (such as USB Loader CFG). No weird "hit eject quickly" or "wiggle controllers" required. The games just load and work. I would *never* recommend installing cIOSCORP, as it plays a big role in screwing up your IOS's, and even to such a degree that Bootmii cannot find a sane IOS on these machines and refuses to install. I would venture to guess that people having issues loading the new games probably mostly have this corp software installed...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ridgecity said:
is there a safe way to uninstall cioscorp?

I don't mess with it so I am unsure. I would imagine a system update (using Waninkoko's firmware updater) would update/fix/remove cIOSCORP, but maybe someone else can chime in and confirm.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When you use a loader, cioscorp only affects IOS Reloading games that a loaded from DISC. So cioscorp has nothing to do with this game and it's not recommend to install, because it's a instant-brick method for LU64+ Wiiis. Never uninstall cioscorp, only overwrite it with other IOS.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zektor said:
There is no trick to loading this and the other new games other than installing rev13a and using a loader with the 002 fix (such as USB Loader CFG). No weird "hit eject quickly" or "wiggle controllers" required. The games just load and work. I would *never* recommend installing cIOSCORP, as it plays a big role in screwing up your IOS's, and even to such a degree that Bootmii cannot find a sane IOS on these machines and refuses to install. I would venture to guess that people having issues loading the new games probably mostly have this corp software installed...

I 2nd this, all i did was install CIOS Rev13a then booted the game from DVD (untouched ISO) using NeoGamma R4, and the game loads up perfectly first time everytime
smile.gif

montyzoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gjac1 said:
zektor said:

I 2nd this, all i did was install CIOS Rev13a then booted the game from DVD (untouched ISO) using NeoGamma R4, and the game loads up perfectly first time everytime
smile.gif

I cant get it to work on a 3.1 Wii (it not online so havnt updated to 4.0), with cIOS Rev13a and NeoGamma R4, but i cant get the mofo to work, it works fine using coverflow rc7 USB loader. .. Which options should i be choosing, or is my machines one of those machines that wont play Ghostbusters, what firmware are you running ? or any suggestions ?

Im alright but my mates wanna play and only have DVDs.......

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor you said bootmii wont install on a wii with cIOSCORP on it hmm i got bootmii on mine with cIOSCORP just wondering what it does wrong cause my ghostbusters works fine odd very odd

a67543210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
ridgecity said:
is there a safe way to uninstall cioscorp?

I don't mess with it so I am unsure. I would imagine a system update (using Waninkoko's firmware updater) would update/fix/remove cIOSCORP, but maybe someone else can chime in and confirm.

CONFIRMED!!. The bootmii installer could not find any sane IOS so I used Waninkoko`s firmware updater 4.0 and then all worked. cIOSCORP was gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1