Ghost of Tsushima PS4/PS5 patches the same?

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have Ghost of Tsushima base PS4 disc version and am on a older firmware on PS5 but the problem is the latest update available wont allow me to play on PS5. What I would like to know is are the PS4 and PS5 patches the same? Like if I downloaded from Orbispatches an older patch then move game to HDD to PS5 would it have the 60 fps or am I wasting my time?

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, encryption keys.
It's the PS4 version playing on PS5. But I did notice patch sizes are slightly different in patch notes so if i update on PS4 and transfer I dont know if it will have the 60 fps upgrade. My nets not the greatest.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you can update a game without updating the system. just use orbis patches for that on the ps4. it won't be the ps5 upgrade, no. the title ids are also different. all ps4 games start with CUSA; ps5 games start with a P.

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know if you can update a game without updating the system. just use orbis patches for that on the ps4. it won't be the ps5 upgrade, no. the title ids are also different. all ps4 games start with CUSA; ps5 games start with a P.
Is two versions PS4 with 60fps patch on PS5 only, and the native PS5 Directors Cut version. I have the PS4 ver.

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you have to be on the latest?
Latest patch of the game or console firmware? Neither to both. :)

PS5: 3.00
PS4: 9.00
GOT: 1.20

Oh and yeah GOT never updated to the latest patch after updating Game/Patch on PS5 I was worried about that when I couldnt move it off hdd and had to go back online to finish installing it. Game already knew how much it wanted to download even with net turned off lol.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a colossal screw up by sony if you can just update on the ps5 without being on psn. I thought you could do that on the ps4 as well, but people said I was wrong, so I assumed as such. that's why I posted that information for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E