redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Hey all,
i just went out and finally bought a gh3 guitar controller for my wii (before i was using a wiimote), and as soon as i opened it up i knew that i had to do something about the white plastic thingie (cause it looked like shite). so i went to bunnings (local hardware store) and bought a can of spray on under coat, red spray paint and black spray paint.

What i did next was as follows:

1. take off white thing
2. spray on undercoat in an uneven manner
3. wait for that to almost dry (still sticky)
4. spray on the black in an extremely lumpy fashion
5. wait for that to almost dry (still sticky)
6. spray on the red (without shaking the can) and give it an extremely thin coat at some places and a thick coat at other places.
7. get a blow dryer and put it on the highest possible setting and focus it on the parts where the red is really thin (this should push it away and give the paint a bumpy effect)
8. wait for that to almost dry (still sticky)
9. get a can of spray on canola oil and spray all over the paint (should look all bubbly)
10. put outside for around 3hrs to sit
11. bring back inside and wipe off the oil with some napkins (waxy ones are better to avoid them sticking)
12. leave outside for around three days (may take less time if you're not experiencing winter at the time)
13. bring back inside and admire

Finished Product:
gh3controller1nc5.jpg

gh3controller2mc2.jpg

(sorry for blurriness but the only camera that i have access to sucks balls)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a detailed mod. I won't vote though since I can't really see any detail in your pictures. It sounds like you're happy with it though, and that's all that matters.

I just use the faceplate they sent those of us who were stuck with the mono version for a while. It's red/black flames kinda thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1