Gaming GH:WT or RockBand 2

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't decide but i'm leaning towards GH:WT tho cuz I already have a GH3 guitar so I can have a full band but I kinda like the rockband drums better you know the new ones so I seriously can't decide..... but maybe you can help
biggrin.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, I wasn't aware of RB2 being a 360-only game. Huh.

I'd have gotten World Tour anyway, though I have absolutely no need for so many instruments I'm never going to use.

"But what about your friends, DF?"
"Hah, what friends?
biggrin.gif
...;_;"

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
if getting it for your wii then GH:WT for sure but if it's on the 360 (or maybe on the PS3) then get Rock band or get GH:WT also besides they announce it to be compatible for rock band anyways...

ferrariman said:
Rockband 2 is a 360 exclusive.

not exactly an exclusive but they'll be getting the game early and for the PS3, Wii, and PS2 after...

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rockband 2 will be much better I reckon. I prefer rock band over all the guitar heroes.

the song list looks really good in RB2 and you get a ton of tracks to start.

GH hasn't done the whole drum thing yet while RB2 is gonna be fine tuning it.

I still had heaps of fun with the guitar hero games but once I tried rock band I was hooked. It's awesome and 2 will be awesomeer!@!

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna say RB2. They both have song creation from what I know. And continuing on what cubin' said, RB2 will have better drums.

The songlist will be much different, GH will have more hard rock and metal, RB will have more mainstream rock.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been decided I am getting GH:WT, my reasons are I like the guitar the drums are cool but still not finnished meaning they will be even better, I mentioned before I already had a gh3 guitar, and to top it off my best friend is getting it aswell so that means BAND VS. BAND MWAHAHAHAH *cough*

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
For two reasons, I suggest Guitar Hero World Tour.

1. The hardware in previous iterations of Guitar Hero have proven to be of a much higher quality than Rock Band controllers.
2. With such a piss poor cash-in showing on the Wii with the original Rock Band, it's obvious that Harmonix is much more interested in getting rich quick on the Wii rather than building proper versions of their games with as many features as possible.

And a personal 3. I already have 2 Guitar Hero guitars!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really haven't even looked at the features of RB2, due mostly to the fact that the first Wii offering was so lackluster. But the music editor alone for World Tour has me psyched for that game. Plus, I look forward to DLC with this iteration. Not sure what RB2 will offer on either of those fronts, but my eye is on World Tour.

Hopefully, Nintendo can get off their bed of cash long enough to fix the Wii storage problem in time for World Tour's release, though I've been reading various things that say Activision will be able to let players save direct to SD with this game.

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if you already own Rock Band 1, I say get both, but game only. All Rock Band 1 equipment will work on Rock Band 2 and GH:WT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative