GH: WT Music Creation

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by osirisFIVE, Oct 3, 2008.

Oct 3, 2008

GH: WT Music Creation by osirisFIVE at 5:51 AM (972 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. osirisFIVE
    OP

Member osirisFIVE GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    Well, recent news from Activision states that the moderators of GH Tunes will remove any songs they deem similar to actual songs in the real world with rights.

Now that certainly pops my bubble.
    I mean I'm all for the music creation but I don't really want to create ALL my favourite songs.
    That'll take up so much time.

So I was wondering whether it would be possible to save your music creations to your SD card, upload it to the web, and let others download it, totally bypassing the GH Tunes service.
    I mean if that's the price to pay to get some of my favourite songs (without vocal tracks) then I'll do it.
    It's still a lot easier than downloading a modded copy of the original game.

What do you guys think?

2. crezwell

Member crezwell GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think it'll be possible, with access to the SD Card completely open to Homebrew, ISO Backup, etc, and being commonplace for a number of programs to use. Do you really think theyll be able to police EVERY Custom made tho? i cant see how. if i create a rare b-side from The Cribs, are Activision really going to know its a proper song or not just from listening to it?

Be interesting to see if DLC goes the same way aswell, whether there'll be a workaround for getting DLC onto SD Card from other sources f.o.c., or whether Activision will be able to see 'tickets' when you go online of any DLC you've bought? Anyone think thats likely, or if Nintendo would even allow Activision to search your system for proof of purchase?

3. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    Im sure it will happen. Oh and does anyone know if you get the Music creation with the Wii.
    Someone told me that instead of the Music creator we get that crappy Mii thing. Please say we get both, If the Music creation isn't there im getting it for the 360

4. crezwell

Member crezwell GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    yeah we get both, and apparently the mii thing is sposed to be pretty good, so just an unexpected bonus hopefully.

5. osirisFIVE
    OP

Member osirisFIVE GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    Haha, thanks guys. You've given me high hopes for this game.

Well, I've pre-ordered it already and I'm pretty psyched.
    Hopefully the use of the SD card would give us access to mod actual songs into the game complete with vocal, guitar, bass, drum tracks.

Something like what Frets on Fire uses right now.