Getting wifi on desmuME

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials' started by Lune, Mar 6, 2011.

1. TryForce

TryForce Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2010
    United States
    @Lune I don't mind at all. I'm just glad I found a "wireless" workaround; I hope it helps some folks.

2. Jayc

Jayc Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Senegal
    While this is definitely awesome, the need to keep resetting Nintendo WFC settings is a real bummer. Mainly because your friend code changes everytime you do that. And your other WiFi records get deleted. I wonder if it's possible to save the WFC settings as part of DeSmuMe's config?

3. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    thats what im trying to find out...there must be a way..it has to do with the bios or firmware stuff..im sure the developers know a way...i shall remain testing

4. Jayc

Jayc Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Senegal
    By the way, Lune, it is definitely not a 64bit issue. I mentioned in my first post here that I am using a 64bit OS.

5. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    Yes yes i heard you [​IMG] im not too educated about what Winpcap actually is and i am trying to find alternatives to it..

6. 007shinobi

007shinobi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2011
    United States
    Hey Lune I thought you said that your laptop saved the wifi info? Did it save your friend code too?

7. Jooken

Jooken Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2011
    Canada
    I have the same problem. I have tried every single fix I could find on any support/forums, and nothing works.

1) Right click run as admin (Even though I have it set for every program to run as admin)
    2) Run Pokemon (Example) and go to wifi setup on the title screen.
    3) Turn off Auto-obtain IP Adress
    4) Put in all the info (Even tried different IPs)
    5) Turned off Firewalls, Anti viruses, and added all the necessary ports and everything else
    6) Click Test Connection
    7) Still see the same message over and over...

[WIFI: SoftAP connected!]
    [WIFI: SoftAP : detected DNS request to conntest.nintendowifi.net]
    *Wait 3-8 seconds*
    [WIFI: SoftAP disconnected]

8)Then on the screen it shows:

Error Code: 52200
    "Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi
    Connection. Confirm connection settings
    and access point settings.
    For help, visit support.nintendo.com."

Yeah... So... If anyone finds anything please let me know.

8. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    @007 shinobi.. yes i shall test a wired connection with my laptop and see if the config still saves..then we may have something going on there..

@Jooken..alot of people are getting this error and im at the point i really am nost sure what to do.... because after the dected dns request u should get a popup where it asks you to continue with the connection...if you get the popup and dont press anything then it just disconnects...thats all the advice i could give at the moment

And I am actually quite busy atm with school work and stuff and hence the tutorial not really updated with new stuff posted by people...i WILL get time to do it though.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. TryForce

TryForce Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2010
    United States
    @Jooken Do you have any of your router's firewall features activated? I could see Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) or Dynamic Packet Filtering causing problems here. Also, make sure your UDP and TCP endpoint filtering aren't "port and address restricted". Lastly, make sure you don't have any protocols completely disabled (some routers offer this). For instance, P2P networking.

My router tries to turn SPI on by default which is annoying. Honestly, I don't want my crappy router's hardware doing any more work than what it must to bring me screaming wireless.

10. DumbDude1994

DumbDude1994 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2011
    United States
    Idk if anyone else experienced it yet but I had the 52000 error so I hard wired it. It worked and I was happy. But sad that I had to be hardwired with my laptop NOT FUN. Well I was done so I disconnected and shut down desmume. But before shutting down I saw that I was still connected to WiFi [​IMG]. Any ideas?

nvm [​IMG] didn't work now I get 51009

11. mechakidz

mechakidz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    United States
    Indonesia
    Hello Lune , Can u help me?

I got this code [52101] - I use Windows XP and connected via LAN-Network.
    Are there something I supposed to do? I'm pretty sure my connection is ok.
    Thanks in advance.

Are LAN use a router too? How can i see it? any advice from all of you guys?

12. Zinx

Zinx Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    United States
    Anybody that wants to fix the error 52000 and maybe other errors should check in the desmume folder if they have the file "desmume.ini" or a notepad file "desmume".

Search BridgeAdapter and put a 1 instead of 0 after the "=" sign(or the other way around).

Lune,does yugioh wc 2011 wifi using rental deck works for you?

13. mechakidz

mechakidz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    United States
    Indonesia
    @zinx : the desmume become unable to run/error after put the "1" after "=" sign

Any other idea?

14. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    DIdnt try it yet

EDIT 2: guys i did some testing and found a couple of things. otu..will update main tutorial..im ver sorry for delay again due to school work..

15. 007shinobi

007shinobi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2011
    United States
    Thats alright, most of us go to school so we know what you mean [​IMG]. Any findings on using wlan instead of lan?

16. Jooken

Jooken Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2011
    Canada
    I'm not very tech savy but I tried going through every single page on my router settings, turning everything related to blocking (firewalls restrictions) off if they weren't already and also turned off my anti virus and it still wont let me and i get the same 52200 [​IMG] but hopefully whenever Luna gets time, we will get some answers [​IMG]

17. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    OK..

When i connected to wifi on my moms laptop (using wired connection) it wasn't working... i tried many things to solve this problem such as disabling windows firewall and such and still no luck.HOWEVER i went into Network and sharing center (windows 7 professional) i saw the network type for my wired connection set to public...i change this to home network which took awhile...then tried the emulator and voila...worked beautifully and didnt even give the dns request popup thing

I tired the same for WLAn but still no luck but instead of error 52000 i get 52100

18. Jooken

Jooken Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2011
    Canada
    *YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED*
    WHO CARES! I CONNECTED!!!! YAEY! LOL

19. Lune
    OP

Lune Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Chad
    So random battle isnt working? did u close the emulator after testing? because if u did u have to set it up again

20. soc4real

soc4real Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2011
    Greece
    Hey I had the same problems with 52000 all the time.

I did everything like the guide says. I have 64 bit (vista) but now it works I set my router to PPPOE and stuff.

But the important thing was this

[​IMG]

I forget to change it. Now it works [​IMG] and you can exchange pokemons over the global trade. The other stuff like private trade didnt want to work.

Hope i could help some people!