Getting Up to Speed

Khrone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A few years ago I used to play on my Wii U with both commercial and backup games using a combo of Loadiine GX and a website called GoogieHax, which does not seem to exist anymore.
I remember vividly just going into the website and choose an option to run Loadiine and everything would just work. No CFWs and no Homebrew Launcher were involved in the process.

Today I set up the Wii U again, the SD card still there after many years, but whenever I try to load a website in stead of GoogieHax it doesn't "flow" as before. I tried various websites suggested by GBATemp, but when it starts the exploit (which doesn't always happens) it goes to a black screen saying that I do not have a payload file in the root/wiiu folder of the SD card, which is true, but it never was required to be there before.
The SD card is the same as always and I'm sure it's working: I opened it with my pc and sure there's inside my old games and saves, alongside the Loadiine GX folder and pretty much nothing else.

So I guess I'm either misremembering something (alongside the WiiU I have a USB pendrive the PC can't open but recognises. It has a 300MB partition with unknown filesystem... maybe it was part of the process? If I put it into the WiiU it says it's not initialized though) or the websites for the online exploit are different from before. I can see the hacking scene has made giant leaps.

So here I am, with my 5.5.2 WiiU and an SD full of saves and games I can't access anymore and I guess I have to get up to speed on the scene. That said: what should I do?
Ideally I would like to go back to how simple it was before, but if more passages are required to get better results I'm willing to do so. Should I just update to 5.5.5 (I'm EU) and follow a guide? Is it even safe to do so? In that case, is it possible to recover whatever still is onto the SD right now?

Thanks to everyone.

• Sad
Reactions: bonbuzzi

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Khrone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Backup what you need and can, update your console, follow the Aroma (or tiramasu) tutorial, get games, profit.

Further reading will be required but the above is the general direction you should be looking.

Thread '[RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U' https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-aroma-environment-for-wii-u.618474/

Thread '[RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC' https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tiramisu-environment-free-cbhc.605381/

Thank you.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Khrone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I've followed a tutorial and managed to install Tiramisu. I can now boot again into Loadiine using the Mii Menu. After installing Loadiine from the Homebrew Store I placed my old save and game folder where they used to be (inside /wiiu). The games are there and sure they launch, but when it comes to loading and saving they crash. Some crash when loading saves, others when saving, nonetheless there must be something wrong with the saves. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0