Hardware Getting rid of the system update notification?

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi, I don't want to accidentaly update my 3DS. So I was wondering if you could get rid of the pesky update notification permanently?
Thanks in advance.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's called arm9lh.

Even though A9LH is great, it's not the answer to every question.

Hi, I don't want to accidentaly update my 3DS. So I was wondering if you could get rid of the pesky update notification permanently?
Thanks in advance.

No, there's no permanent way of getting rid of them, per-se, but you can take preventative measures:
1. (DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE ARM9LOADERHAX, SAFE MODE IS DANGEROUS THERE) If you've got the update nag on sysNAND, boot into Safe Mode (hold L, R, Up on the dpad, and A while booting), then hit cancel so it'll delete the update nag.
2. After that use the TubeHax DNS so that it'll prevent the 3DS from downloading future system updates.

If you have an update nag on emuNAND, the most sensible option is to make a backup of your emuNAND (just in case) and then update to the latest firmware while inside emuNAND. As of this moment in time, it's safe to have emuNAND on the latest firmware.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: peteruk

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks for the answers. I thought there would be a quite easy solution for this. I believe I was wrong. That doesn't change the fact that I appriciated your fast answers. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: