Getting On the Shop with a 3.55FW Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ArugulaZ, Mar 20, 2016.

1. ArugulaZ
    OP

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    There's a flash sale currently going on over at PSN, and I picked up a few games for the Vita... except I can't actually PUT the games on my Vita. I can't access the store without a firmware upgrade, and the Vita update blocker that was working so well a few weeks ago no longer does. Is there any conceivable way I could get those games on my Vita without upgrading to the dreaded 3.57 and losing TN-V in the process? I mean, I've got a Playstation 3, but I'm pretty sure it still forces you to update your Vita's firmware to connect to it.

I guess it's not a BIG deal if I can't get these games. The PSP stuff I can play elsewhere, and I could probably live a long full life without Monster Monpiece. It'd be nice if I had access to this stuff, though.

2. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Nope. It's just never going to happen under the latest firmware. At least yet, anyways...

And regarding your PS3 telling your Vita to update, there's a QCMA USB swap trick that is explained all in Part 5 of my guide. :)

3. ArugulaZ
    OP

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Thanks! I tried this before, but I guess I was doing it incorrectly. What I've noticed is that you need to set QCMA to Offline Mode and shut off wi-fi on the Vita to get this working properly. Also, I uninstalled the official CMA from my computer, since it seemed to interfere with QCMA.

It's kind of an awkward way to get around Sony's constant demands for firmware updates, but I can't argue with the results. Now I can play Monster Monpiece... although that's a decision I will probably come to regret. :P

4. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    And did you get PS3 connections working too?

5. ArugulaZ
    OP

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, it's how I transferred games to my Vita. (Unless I misunderstood the question)