Hacking Getting On the Shop with a 3.55FW Vita

ArugulaZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a flash sale currently going on over at PSN, and I picked up a few games for the Vita... except I can't actually PUT the games on my Vita. I can't access the store without a firmware upgrade, and the Vita update blocker that was working so well a few weeks ago no longer does. Is there any conceivable way I could get those games on my Vita without upgrading to the dreaded 3.57 and losing TN-V in the process? I mean, I've got a Playstation 3, but I'm pretty sure it still forces you to update your Vita's firmware to connect to it.

I guess it's not a BIG deal if I can't get these games. The PSP stuff I can play elsewhere, and I could probably live a long full life without Monster Monpiece. It'd be nice if I had access to this stuff, though.

D

Deleted User

Nope. It's just never going to happen under the latest firmware. At least yet, anyways...

And regarding your PS3 telling your Vita to update, there's a QCMA USB swap trick that is explained all in Part 5 of my guide. :)

ArugulaZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I tried this before, but I guess I was doing it incorrectly. What I've noticed is that you need to set QCMA to Offline Mode and shut off wi-fi on the Vita to get this working properly. Also, I uninstalled the official CMA from my computer, since it seemed to interfere with QCMA.

It's kind of an awkward way to get around Sony's constant demands for firmware updates, but I can't argue with the results. Now I can play Monster Monpiece... although that's a decision I will probably come to regret. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ :creep: