Hacking getting N3ds XL best CFW

Ohad1th

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
o I had O3ds xl sold it in order to get a superior N3ds XL
It will probebly have 9.9 so I'll downgrade to 9.2 so I will be able to get any CFW available which is the best ? and which do you have
I had gateway , still do but I heard that it's not as good as most CFW
want to be able to play online , gba games , if you know any other good feature in any CFW share it here :P
thanks !

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ib4 a9lh link spam with no explanation.

What set up you want and what CFW you want depends on your needs.
The most popular CFW nowadays is Luma3DS as it has regular updates and works on every system. It has all the things one could need (gba Ds patches, emu/sys in front of fw) and works good. Oh yeah, Aurora Wright made a Luma3DS updater cia that you can install to just download the right files immediately from your 3ds if there's an update :P which is a nice feature of course!
Besides Luma3DS (previously AuReiNand by the way) you have Cakes, Rxtools (the new version, again), ReiNand, CosmosFW, Gateway and SaltFW. A lot of choice. You'd have to check out for yourself which one you want. Personally I have Luma3DS too :P

There are two (well three with gateway) set ups you can have. You have either menuhax + CFW, maybe a boot manager, but you'll autoboot into your Emunand with menuhax.
Besides that you can have A9LH: It's called arm9loaderhax. It grants access to the system before the actual boot up of the system because of kernel9 access (not really interesting for normal users anyway). It's basically an exploit that gives you 100% boot rate, the ability to recover from a brick without a hard mod, Sysnand CFW so no more Emunand which saves you the effort to install GBA games twice ect. It does take quite a while to set up but you can find Plialects guide here if you want to have a look. I have a9lh on my O3DS and it's working perfect. I have menuhax on my n3ds and that's working too (although my boot rate kinda sucks). You'll have to look up what you'd want to have. If you have a day to spare I'd say go with A9LH as it is the best option right now but if you don't, menuhax will suffice as well.

Ohad1th

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ib4 a9lh link spam with no explanation.

What set up you want and what CFW you want depends on your needs.
The most popular CFW nowadays is Luma3DS as it has regular updates and works on every system. It has all the things one could need (gba Ds patches, emu/sys in front of fw) and works good. Oh yeah, Aurora Wright made a Luma3DS updater cia that you can install to just download the right files immediately from your 3ds if there's an update :P which is a nice feature of course!
Besides Luma3DS (previously AuReiNand by the way) you have Cakes, Rxtools (the new version, again), ReiNand, CosmosFW, Gateway and SaltFW. A lot of choice. You'd have to check out for yourself which one you want. Personally I have Luma3DS too :P

There are two (well three with gateway) set ups you can have. You have either menuhax + CFW, maybe a boot manager, but you'll autoboot into your Emunand with menuhax.
Besides that you can have A9LH: It's called arm9loaderhax. It grants access to the system before the actual boot up of the system because of kernel9 access (not really interesting for normal users anyway). It's basically an exploit that gives you 100% boot rate, the ability to recover from a brick without a hard mod, Sysnand CFW so no more Emunand which saves you the effort to install GBA games twice ect. It does take quite a while to set up but you can find Plialects guide here if you want to have a look. I have a9lh on my O3DS and it's working perfect. I have menuhax on my n3ds and that's working too (although my boot rate kinda sucks). You'll have to look up what you'd want to have. If you have a day to spare I'd say go with A9LH as it is the best option right now but if you don't, menuhax will suffice as well.

yeah I heard about A9LH but to me it sounds like a waste of time , I think I'll just get Lumas CFW with menuhax
I was thinking about reinand but it seems lumas is better , I'll wait for more comments , thanks !

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah I heard about A9LH but to me it sounds like a waste of time , I think I'll just get Lumas CFW with menuhax
I was thinking about reinand but it seems lumas is better , I'll wait for more comments , thanks !

The time spent setting up A9LH is outweighed by its worth.
Having a brickproof devices and no need for emunand is really nice.
Also not needing emunand means that you dont have to install GBA games twice to get them to work etc

But yeah Luma3DS is good its actively updated and there are homebrew that will let you update to the latest releases/commits without removing SD

Thongy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menuhax + CTRBootManager + Luma3DS is a good combination. Higher bootrate than just menuhax alone.

Also decided to not install a9lh, and was just wondering how easy is it to set up CtrBootManager? Been trying to find a guide but nothing as of recent with Luma.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also decided to not install a9lh, and was just wondering how easy is it to set up CtrBootManager? Been trying to find a guide but nothing as of recent with Luma.
First, you need to open boot.cfg (with notepad or sublime text or whatever) and change "Reinand.dat" and "Reinand" to "Luma3DS.dat" and "Luma3DS". Make sure boot.cfg is on the root of the sd card.

After you set up menuhax, switch the homebrew launcher boot.3dsx with CTRBootManager's boot.3dsx.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1