Getting my wisdom teeth taken out soon... Scared...

Lametta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I feel so lucky being born without teeth of wisdom so I won't have pain from them
rolleyes.gif

anyway good luck man, hope everything goes well
grog.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DemonaCosta said:
Man getting my wisdom teeth taken out was a royal you know what.

It hurts like all hell, and then you have stiches in your mouth which have to be taken out when you go back and that's not exactlly a good thing depending on how well the stiches cooperate.
the stitches dissolve and the produce doesnt really hurt
you just cant chew anything hard for a couple days

your numb through the whole thing and will remain numb for a few hours after you come home
its discomfort at best

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
the stitches dissolve and the produce doesnt really hurt
you just cant chew anything hard for a couple days

your numb through the whole thing and will remain numb for a few hours after you come home
its discomfort at best
It all depends on each individual operation. When I had mine done they didn't use dissolve-able stitches so I had to go and get them taken out at a later time, although this didn't hurt it was merely uncomfortable. As for the actual operation itself, this can also vary greatly. Some people I know got it relatively easy and didn't complain of any pain at all except for the initial injection - but I wasn't so lucky. It seems that they didn't inject enough anaesthetic initially so when they were cutting away at the bone and getting the pliers in to dislodge the tooth from the jaw, I could feel it at times and this hurt like hell. They topped up the anaesthetic to the point where they could not administer any more, but even then there was still some feeling when the tooth was being pried out. After the operation there was some dull pain once the anaesthetic wore off, and drinking any liquids would cause a stinging sensation around the wound but that this stopped the next day.

I think there are several factors which can cause a lot of variation such as how badly impacted the tooth is, how much bone they need to cut away, if you're getting general or local anaesthetic and the skill of the dentist. Make sure you don't let somebody incompetent perform this operation as there is a risk of nerve damage if done incorrectly! To the OP, I don't mean to scare you - you'll be fine and if you get any pain at all it'll subside overnight. Just make sure your dentist knows his stuff
smile.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Just ask to be sedated, or if you don't mind loads of needles, get the gums completely and utterly numb. Of course, this might cost a bit considering you're in the US, I didn't really have to think of these things because of the NHS over here.

monkeyboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my wisdom teeth removed about 3 months ago. The dentist who did the procedure was quick! No pain at all! I took out all four wisdom teeth at once. I didn't even swell at all! The only thing I hated was eating porriage and soup for 2 days. Got sick of it real fast. Well good luck with your procedure.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
My bro got his wisdom teeth taken out a week ago and he went under anesthetic too, we went out like a light but when he woke up he was totally tripped out He was aso shivering but I think that only happens when they give you oxygen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: