Hacking Getting my Wii to play DIVX and/or DVD's

Crimson Fog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at the n00b guide for the DVD playback for the Wii and the Download link was broken. I currently have the SoftMii (3.2u) and would like to have DVD playback capabilities in the game room.

Can anyone help with all that I need?

Thanks in advance everyone.

PS - First time poster, long time troll. ;-)

Crimson Fog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the thing. The link for the apps in the guide are broken. I was asking if anyone had them anywhere for me to download.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeeXboX plays divx avi's too and can play them via usb hdd, i use a partitioned 400gb drive with my first partition wbfs, and my second is NTFS and i have a ton of my dvd's ripped onto it as divx 4.0 and 5.0 avi's

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paulwesley said:
mplayer ce doesnt work for me but geekbox works great off the usb drive as long as its fat or fat 32 formated

NTFS also works well and has great support in case you have any hd's larger than 32gb and want a stable filesystem (fat 32 can be sketchy with large drives on occasion, good to be safe
biggrin.gif
)

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geexbox is more stable for me, and can read NTFS, while mplayer is quicker and uses USB 2.0, but can only read my FAT32 Parts and crashes every once in a while, geexbox has never crashed on me and it can play through a folder, which is convenient for movies that are split into 2 avi's, while mplayer will only play through one file and then stop playing.

Crimson Fog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the thing. The link for the apps in the guide are broken. I was asking if anyone had them anywhere for me to download.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1