Hacking Getting back original IOS...

Frip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my wii works fine for none homebrew stuff.. but wherever I can get a ret error, my wii gives me a ret error. (ret -1, ret 2011, ret 1102, etc, when I try to fix one ret error, another one comes up in the process..)
I ran IOS checker and 90% of my IOS are stubs :wtf: Is there a way to install working IOS again?

Or re-install the default IOS or something.. Also..kinda off-topic, but how can you make sure that your wii recognizes your USB drive?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have a look here:- http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Get the Update.zip files, and then do this:-

I cannot stress this enough, people need to read this
one word at a time
The steps seem repetitive & similar at times, but they are not!

Guide is completely offline.

Update to 4.2
Follow this if your not on 4.2 yet, it will update all of your IOS's & System menu to the latest firmware.

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link update.zip for your region by emailing [email protected]
Extract the "update.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii.

Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii
Run bannerbomb by going to the Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.

Update to 4.2
Run Yet Another WAD Manager Mod from The Homebrew Channel.
Scroll down the list to find & install:
*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 22 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad by pressing + on each one then 1 to install them. It should say 23 files will be installed.
*End.*
You can then erase everything from the update.zip & setup everything from the modify.zip
Advance to the Modify 4.2 section to reinstall The Homebrew Channel so it can run under the correct IOS.

Frip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k so 4.0 has no advantages over 4.2?

damn I'll upgrade tomorrow then.

...if I upgrade I have to re-intall homebrew/bannerbomb? k

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just make sure your HBC is up to date. as long as that is in there you are fine. have you tried re installing cIOS? run the installer and use network or wad install and install cIOS38rev17 (best right now in my opinion). you should not get any errors if you use that to install.

i have encountered one newer wii that would not install an internet browser wad. it went fine on my machine but on my friends it kept giving ret 2011, which usually means corrupt cios. it was not corrupt as usb loader worked fine and other wads installed perfectly.

i would recommend to go to 4.1, but DO NOT use waninkoko's updater as that will install a stub ios60. install ios 60 and system menu 4.1 for your region. then use dopmii to patch it. you can also use dopmii to update/trucha bug any ios's you have on your system.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would just upgrade to 4.2 as per my other post.

Then you have all the info available from that page for most anything you need to do after that.

Just ensure you DONT install a stub IOS that your new system menu requires as VashTS stated.

IOS60 for 4.1, or IOS70 for 4.2

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How the HELL do you manage to get 90% of your IOS'es stubbed? Even nintendo doesn't stub that much.
blink.gif

For unstubbing, I can't add anything that hasn't been said. But to find out whether your USB ports work...

The easiest way to is to use a battery charger with an USB-port. If your batteries recharge when plugged into your wii, the USB ports (or at least its power supply) work.
Plugging in a FAT32 drive/USB stick with some homebrew on it (as with an SD card: put it in a \apps subfolder) also works: if you press '2' within the homebrew channel and select 'usb', it should show up the homebrew on your USB drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.