Getting back into the scene...

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Midna, Jul 19, 2010.

Jul 19, 2010

Getting back into the scene... by Midna at 9:17 PM (987 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Midna
    OP

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    I used to use my PSP 1000 a lot. But that was before I lost the battery, the memory stick and the charger and went back to playing my DS. I just found the charger and that reminded me to get my PSP off the shelf. It's hacked, and running cfw 5.02 GEN-A. I'm going to have to go buy another memory stick and battery. So can you guys enlighten me... What have I missed in the scene since 5.02 GEN-A came out? Any major new developments I should be aware of? What cfw should I put my PSP on?

Edit: I see there's been some developments in emulation. Sweet.

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Newest GEN Firmware is 5.03 GEN-C but you must patch or use a plugin for various new games (KHBBS etc.)
    There is a new firmware 5.03 Prometheus which should run all games including 6.20+ but it has some other compatibility problems.

You have not missed much.

Edit: Just realised you have a 1000.
    Newest GEN firmware for THAT is 5.50 GEN-D3. its nice and permanent and runs most games. Apart from 6.20+ again requiring patching.
    Once again that is a permanent 5.50 Prometheus that works by adding extra files to the GEN firmware (basically patching IT rather than the game) It would not work on my 1003 though [​IMG]

3. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    5.50 GEN-A,B,C,D,D2,D3, 5.50 Prometheus for 1k and 2k with older motherboards, hacks for 2k with new motherboard and 3k (if OFW is 5.03 or under), lots of good games.

4. overslept

Member overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

United States
    Some hot games that've recently been released include Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Persona 3 Portable, Hot Shots Tennis, and a lot more.

There's also gonna be a lot of great games coming in the near future, like The 3rd Birthday, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Valkyria Chronicles 2, and my personal favorite, Phantasy Star Portable 2.

5. Midna
    OP

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    I want a new memory stick and battery, but I also need an external HD. (My favorite private torrent site is going freeleech for a whole week. I'm gonna need a LOT of space.)

What batteries can a 1000 use? Are they still officially retailed?

6. overslept

Member overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

United States
    PSP 1000s can use PSP 1000 batteries. Slim batteries (and I think brite) will simply fall out of the battery slot.

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    From what I've heard finding an official 1000 battery is almost impossible, I keep seeing people with ones they got online that only last 15 minutes or so.

8. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    I have a Pisen battery off Dealextreme for PSP-1000 that works very well. Its just the standard 1800mAh but it lasts very well in my opinion. Pretty cheap too. Will try and find a link at some point.