getting a ps vita.

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DJPlace, Apr 7, 2012.

Apr 7, 2012

getting a ps vita. by DJPlace at 8:27 PM (1,040 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. DJPlace
    OP

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    cause i'm tried of buying games and trading them in... for less of the price. but with DLC games you can't trade them in it's like once you buy them you are there bitch!! it's like you sell your soul to the game. and i'm getting a 32 memory card too along with 3 dlc games so probely $120 of psn cards so yeah... i want to keep games not trade them in so that's how i'm sticking to it... also is it true that there are going be bigger memory cards or no?

ah crap i posted in the wrong section... can someone move this to that other section. i'll report myself for doing that..

2. Warlord698

Member Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well it would definitely give them an excuse to make bigger memory cards instead of just faster and faster and faster and faster and..... from what I've seen it stopped at 32 GB on all flash then started with class 4 speed then up to class 10.

i actually haven't seen anything over 32 GB in portable memory that wasn't a hard drive in a few years now, and would be greatly relieved it an increase finally happened from this

3. Un4tural

Member Un4tural GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=128gb+sd+card&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest#hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&gs_nf=1&ds=pr&pq=128gb%20sd%20card&cp=7&gs_id=32&xhr=t&q=64gb+sd+card&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&client=opera&hs=V1J&rls=en&channel=suggest&tbm=shop&oq=64gb+sd&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=2afa81a21f3bd327&biw=1366&bih=646

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=128gb+sd+card&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest#hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&gs_nf=1&ds=pr&pq=128gb%20sd%20card&cp=13&gs_id=57&xhr=t&q=128gb+sd+card&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&client=opera&hs=WMz&rls=en&channel=suggest&tbm=shop&oq=128gb+sd+card&aq=0&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=2afa81a21f3bd327&biw=1366&bih=646

1 person likes this.
  4. Warlord698

Member Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    WTF, I have not seen those at Best Buy or Wal-mart.....this is some serious BULL right here

*edit
    JESUS CHRIST, FOR ABOUT $170 I CAN SEE WHY

5. Un4tural

United Kingdom

JESUS CHRIST. this is pro equipment for high end digital cameras etc. cause most phones still only support SDHC not SDXC, which is up to 32gb i believe. SDXC theoretically can go up to 2TB but i doubt we'll see those soon... at least not of decent speed, and with 2tb space YOU DO WANT SOME DAMN SPEED. though they are rather quick as standard.

still, i got 16gb on my phone, SD card class 10, and it is plenty, though i could use more copy/write speeds. i do find 16gb plenty as well... would rather have the phone last whole day... damn smart phones *ramble ramble*. still 32gb sounds like plenty on vita, considering decent games take up like 1-2gb, most of games don't even need that, it would amount to like 16+++ games on a 32gb card... i doubt you'll bottle neck that soon... unless you gonna want to watch some videos on vita... that damn mp4 eats up loads of space unless its animated crap like anime or southpark.

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I forget but... weren't the 2TB microSD cards due in 2014? Either at current speeds (mark 8 or 10 iirc) or double, according to SanDisk. That's not exactly fast, but it's enough for a 2TB microSD card.

7. Un4tural

United Kingdom
    well from what i understand 128gb ones are like 40mb/s read/write. it is quick, but for 128gb... it would take like a fairly long time, though not too long, if it was class10 rated, then it would be bad... like an hour or so to copy full card worth of data, but with 2tb at 40mb/s... sure you wouldn't need to copy stuff that often, but even with my external HDDs, at 20mb/s it takes forever, as i copy in bulk most of the time, like 50gb at a time... now i just leave it and go make some tea etc. or just go play some game, but if time is of essence, it gets frustrating.

8. Supernova741

Newcomer Supernova741 GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Buy the games in a store:
    - Where I live, most games on the psn are MORE expensive than those in a regular store
    - When you're sick of you games, you can sell them. PSN games just stay there for ever...