Hacking Getting a pre-hacked PS3

Andim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And I have no idea what to expect. The classifieds listing reads as follows: "For sale is a jailbroken ps3 with the latest Rogero firmware, the ps3 comes with a 500gb hdd, 4 Controller, PS move + cam and a lot of games."

I have a lot of experience with Wii and PSP modding, but I've never so much as looked at PS3. How will I go about loading homebrew or "backup" games on to the system? Can I go online? Is there anything I need to be aware of, risks?

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiman is your best friend.
Get an external drive 500GB - 1TB would be good makes transferring games easier.
You can go online, as long as your smart, and play games that have been out for a while... maybe a year or so?
And if you do get banned you ca always unban fairly easily on the PS3 usually for free.
Also this website has alot of info on Jailbroken, and jailbreaking PS3's.

http://www.ps3hax.net/

Would also ask the what Rogero he is running because the latest one supports PS2/PSP games as well as ISO's.
I also might include be wary if you are buying a Phat because they are alot more likely to YLOD (break) on you then slims.
Good luck!

Andim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Multiman is your best friend.
Get an external drive 500GB - 1TB would be good makes transferring games easier.
You can go online, as long as your smart, and play games that have been out for a while... maybe a year or so?
And if you do get banned you ca always unban fairly easily on the PS3 usually for free.
Also this website has alot of info on Jailbroken, and jailbreaking PS3's.

http://www.ps3hax.net/

Would also ask the what Rogero he is running because the latest one supports PS2/PSP games as well as ISO's.
I also might include be wary if you are buying a Phat because they are alot more likely to YLOD (break) on you then slims.
Good luck!

Well I got the PS3, just hours after I made this thread in fact. He was willing to delivery, I was surprised.
it's a 500GB slim, so it's not gonna YLoD, and and I won't be filling up the HDD just yet. What a steal of a deal though, came with 24 games and he tossed in an official stereo headset to boot.

After a day or two of tinkering I'm a lot less clueless about PS3 homebrew. I ditched whatever cfw was on there and went to the latest habib release. My only problem so far is that all PS2 ISO loading results in a no signal on the display. Trying to figure out why that is

xcrimsonstormx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never really dealt with Habib I've only used Rogero, Sorry. I'm glad that you got a Slim know you won't have to worry about getting it reballed later. Now as for PS2 ISO's there are currently 2 methods that I'm aware of one is using the latest Rogero CFW with Cobra support (it allows the support of ISO's straight from the internal/external drive in Multiman including PS3 ISO's), or converting PS2 ISO's into PS2 Classics into a compatible .pkg. The later one os a very lengthy complicated process, but works with almost any CFW.Here is a link if you want to upgrade your CFW to the latest Rogero Link, and here is a link for convert PS2 ISO's into PS2 Classics Link.
Good Luck!

Edit: I just found out that there is a Hybrid Cobra version in Habib just never saw the release. Anyways here is that if you want to use that one. Link

Andim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never really dealt with Habib I've only used Rogero, Sorry. I'm glad that you got a Slim know you won't have to worry about getting it reballed later. Now as for PS2 ISO's there are currently 2 methods that I'm aware of one is using the latest Rogero CFW with Cobra support (it allows the support of ISO's straight from the internal/external drive in Multiman including PS3 ISO's), or converting PS2 ISO's into PS2 Classics into a compatible .pkg. The later one os a very lengthy complicated process, but works with almost any CFW.Here is a link if you want to upgrade your CFW to the latest Rogero Link, and here is a link for convert PS2 ISO's into PS2 Classics Link.
Good Luck!

Edit: I just found out that there is a Hybrid Cobra version in Habib just never saw the release. Anyways here is that if you want to use that one. Link

I was using an even later version of Habib than that as a matter of fact. But your advice indirectly solved my problem. I gave Rogero 4.46 an install, and PS2 games are loading no sweat now.
What's the difference anyway, any benefits about 4.53 cfw over 4.46 cfw?

xcrimsonstormx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well next to the basic features that Sony implements into their updates. You can use PSN if you wanted you just have to be careful because you might get banned, but you can always unban later I've done it a few times myself you can do it for free, but will probably get banned again shortly or you can pay for a private PSN ID which is only used by you which will increase the longevity before you get banned again. It also allows you to play games that require a more updated firmware such as the new Tomb Raider or Titanfall when it gets released. Their isn't much else, but everything I just said you can do on older CFW's like Gehot's 3.55 CFW, but it requires gong through alot of loop holes to achieve the same result as a newer CFW. Now can I ask what Homebrew you have installed? Depending on how long the guy let his playstation sit their some of the Homebrew might be outdated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!