GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
doesnt worth it, its like over 70$ even if you can find it,
most people use 3in1 or 2in1 (or EWIN) expansions along with SLOT-1 devices which cost from 5$ to 15$.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
doesnt worth it, its like over 70$ even if you can find it,
most people use 3in1 or 2in1 (or EWIN) expansions along with SLOT-1 devices which cost from 5$ to 15$.

it is worth it as it's a high quality flash cart for gba games, in my case i've had mine for a while and it still works, you get what you pay for, if you buy cheap trash you get cheap trash, let the orignal poser make up his own mind.

G6 lite 4Gbit (512mb) review
3 in 1 ez flash V (expansion pack review is lower down the page)

to see more slot 2 reviews click here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8#slot2

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my G6lite when they were new on the market. It was totally worth it...back then. If you take care of it well it will not break on you. If you're into GBA and have the money to spare, get it. I assume you already have an R4 for slot 1. It basically has the same functionality except it can do GBA...

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen to Jalaneme and saxamo. This cart is totally worth the money. Remember you always get what you pay for. And the G6 Lite and M3 are the two best slot 2's out there...by far. I wouldn't even bother withthe 3 in 1. Get yourself a good dedicated slot 2 cart.

For the pro, it has fast internal memory. The con is it's only 512mb of space. But...that's enough for around 50 gba games. If that's not enough for you, then get an M3 Lite plus a 1gb microsd. And yes, it works with the R4.

And last time I looked RHS, and Kickgaming had them in stock.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
my first flash card (still my fav) and it runs everything fine. i bought it expansive but its lower now. thinks its been like 2 years since I bought mine, perfect condition.

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I'm really asking is, what are the pros and cons?
Oh and will it work with a R4?
And can someone give me sites who resell this product?

Well, the G6 Lite was my first DS Flashcard, and it was really sweet back in the day, but I can't wholeheartedly recommend it for what you want to do. I like it for the reasons you'll probably read in the reviews here: It can fit in the DS or GBA depending on which casing you use, it has almost flawless compatibility with GBA alone (not to mention DS) plus it loads faster than the Ewin style solutions...plus it loads on its own from the DS menu in GBA mode without the use of a passme or anything.

But there are a few cons:
-G6 requires a special USB attachment and special windows app to transfer over roms, as opposed to using an EWin and copying files to the MicroSD.
-The Icon library is not always up to date and doesn't always auto-recognize games by their title/checksum.
-Cheating is difficult, unlike Slot-1 extensions, which usually allow AR codes.
-Size of library is limited to 512MB, unlike Slot-1 with MicroSD.
-G6 forces you to load from a useless Multimedia menu instead of going directly to the rom listing.

If you don't mind waiting the few extra seconds to patch and load roms from the Slot-1 device, I'd go that route.

Am I the only one experiencing an icon bug running in GBA mode?

What do you mean by "Icon Bug"?

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G6 lite was my first and still is my only flash card. It has been great for me and I have no real complaints about it. It does seem like it may be a little excessive for your needs though.

Somewhat off-topic: I've read that the G6 Lite works just like a GBA cart when used in conjunction with the M3 Real(the card I'm looking at upgrading to) and I was wondering exactly how that works. Does that mean you don't need to use the G6 loader for the card? Just curious.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The G6 Lite was my first cart as well, and I would be using it for GBA if my friend wasn't borrowing it right now. If yo have the money the G6 is an excellent cart, but if you need to save a little, you could try an EZ-4, which, despite it's cheap price, is not TOTAL trash, but it's like Jala said, you get what you pay for. While the G6 fits totally flush and has %100 GBA rom compatibility, you can't expand the memory on it. That was my biggest (and pretty much only) complaint is that you can't increase the memory size. But if you're going to only use it for GBA, it's the best there is.

G6 lite was my first and still is my only flash card. It has been great for me and I have no real complaints about it. It does seem like it may be a little excessive for your needs though.

Somewhat off-topic: I've read that the G6 Lite works just like a GBA cart when used in conjunction with the M3 Real(the card I'm looking at upgrading to) and I was wondering exactly how that works. Does that mean you don't need to use the G6 loader for the card? Just curious.

I don't know how that works with the G6 because I don't have mine to test with, but I assume it works like it does with the M3 Lite, which I DO have here. You choose a GBA game in the M3 Real's file menu or GBA menu, press A, and it loads it into the M3 Lite's RAM. IT works good but it takes a long-ass time to backup the save after. I say get the M3 Real rumble bundle, and just use the G6 for GBA like normal, with no RAM-loading crap.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The G6 Lite was my first cart as well, and I would be using it for GBA if my friend wasn't borrowing it right now. If yo have the money the G6 is an excellent cart, but if you need to save a little, you could try an EZ-4, which, despite it's cheap price, is not TOTAL trash, but it's like Jala said, you get what you pay for. While the G6 fits totally flush and has %100 GBA rom compatibility, you can't expand the memory on it. That was my biggest (and pretty much only) complaint is that you can't increase the memory size. But if you're going to only use it for GBA, it's the best there is.

I don't know how that works with the G6 because I don't have mine to test with, but I assume it works like it does with the M3 Lite, which I DO have here. You choose a GBA game in the M3 Real's file menu or GBA menu, press A, and it loads it into the M3 Lite's RAM. IT works good but it takes a long-ass time to backup the save after. I say get the M3 Real rumble bundle, and just use the G6 for GBA like normal, with no RAM-loading crap.

I think that thinking that it would work like the m3 perfect is a very safe assumption. That's what I thought it would work like, but thank you very much for clarifying that for me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.