Getting a G6 for Slot-2

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by SavageWaffle, Jan 31, 2008.

Jan 31, 2008

Getting a G6 for Slot-2 by SavageWaffle at 1:57 AM (1,317 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. SavageWaffle
    OP

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    So what I'm really asking is, what are the pros and cons?
    Oh and will it work with a R4?
    And can someone give me sites who resell this product?

2. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    doesnt worth it, its like over 70$ even if you can find it,
    most people use 3in1 or 2in1 (or EWIN) expansions along with SLOT-1 devices which cost from 5$ to 15$.

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    it is worth it as it's a high quality flash cart for gba games, in my case i've had mine for a while and it still works, you get what you pay for, if you buy cheap trash you get cheap trash, let the orignal poser make up his own mind.

G6 lite 4Gbit (512mb) review
    3 in 1 ez flash V (expansion pack review is lower down the page)

to see more slot 2 reviews click here
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8#slot2

4. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    I got my G6lite when they were new on the market. It was totally worth it...back then. If you take care of it well it will not break on you. If you're into GBA and have the money to spare, get it. I assume you already have an R4 for slot 1. It basically has the same functionality except it can do GBA...

5. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Listen to Jalaneme and saxamo. This cart is totally worth the money. Remember you always get what you pay for. And the G6 Lite and M3 are the two best slot 2's out there...by far. I wouldn't even bother withthe 3 in 1. Get yourself a good dedicated slot 2 cart.

For the pro, it has fast internal memory. The con is it's only 512mb of space. But...that's enough for around 50 gba games. If that's not enough for you, then get an M3 Lite plus a 1gb microsd. And yes, it works with the R4.

And last time I looked RHS, and Kickgaming had them in stock.

6. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    my first flash card (still my fav) and it runs everything fine. i bought it expansive but its lower now. thinks its been like 2 years since I bought mine, perfect condition.

7. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    Am I the only one experiencing an icon bug running in GBA mode?

8. ShadowStitch

Member ShadowStitch Devilot's Tubtoy

United States
    What do you mean by "Icon Bug"?

9. selamat.tingal

Newcomer selamat.tingal Member

United States
  10. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    G6 lite was my first and still is my only flash card. It has been great for me and I have no real complaints about it. It does seem like it may be a little excessive for your needs though.

Somewhat off-topic: I've read that the G6 Lite works just like a GBA cart when used in conjunction with the M3 Real(the card I'm looking at upgrading to) and I was wondering exactly how that works. Does that mean you don't need to use the G6 loader for the card? Just curious.

11. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The G6 Lite was my first cart as well, and I would be using it for GBA if my friend wasn't borrowing it right now. If yo have the money the G6 is an excellent cart, but if you need to save a little, you could try an EZ-4, which, despite it's cheap price, is not TOTAL trash, but it's like Jala said, you get what you pay for. While the G6 fits totally flush and has %100 GBA rom compatibility, you can't expand the memory on it. That was my biggest (and pretty much only) complaint is that you can't increase the memory size. But if you're going to only use it for GBA, it's the best there is.

I don't know how that works with the G6 because I don't have mine to test with, but I assume it works like it does with the M3 Lite, which I DO have here. You choose a GBA game in the M3 Real's file menu or GBA menu, press A, and it loads it into the M3 Lite's RAM. IT works good but it takes a long-ass time to backup the save after. I say get the M3 Real rumble bundle, and just use the G6 for GBA like normal, with no RAM-loading crap.

12. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think that thinking that it would work like the m3 perfect is a very safe assumption. That's what I thought it would work like, but thank you very much for clarifying that for me!