Getting a DSTW last questions.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by vodoochild81, Jul 5, 2011.

Jul 5, 2011
  1. vodoochild81
    OP

Member vodoochild81 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    About to pull the trigger on a new Flash Card. This store seems to be the best price and best reviewed. Does this ship from the US though? Has anyone dealt with this store? Is it legit?

This is the card that lets you do save states and runs GBA games well correct? It also will work on the 3ds right?

https://modchip-depot.com/supercard%20dstwo...-Real-Time-Game

2. vodoochild81
    OP

United States
  3. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    the GBA is pretty good, the SNES emulator is OK

4. vodoochild81
    OP

United States
    What do you mean pretty good? Like it won't be as good as PC or a PSP? It's not accurate? HOw does the Save State work for the ds roms, well?

Which shop did you get it from, where do u recommend as you are also from the states.

5. Terminator02

United States
    i'd recommend realhotstuff if you want it fast, otherwise take your pick for the cheapest offer

and i mean that it runs pretty much all of the games and there are only occasional slowdowns, and no, it's not as good as the psp, but not by much

save states work through the real time menu, and umm... they work

6. vodoochild81
    OP

United States
    So you def think its worth the extra cash for the save states, and emulators vs the Ace? GBA isn't so hot on the PSP because the resolution is stretched.... I will be happy with solid GBA emulation.

7. serenade.63

Member serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The gba emulation is solid, very good IMHO, not as good as pc... but DUH! its on a ds. The SNES suffers because it doesnt emulate special games, and even regular games it sometimes suffers, i do prefer the dstwo gba emulation over psp gba emulation because the resolution is much much better. its a better card all around than the acekard 2i, it does everything it does and more, but for the price acekard is kinda better.

8. vodoochild81
    OP

United States

Thanks man, and it has no contact issues right? That is a big reason I am replacing it is because my R4 freezes if I bump it too hard...

Would a homebrew emulator work better for the SNES? I don't get why it wouldn't be perfect GBA emulation as the DS natively plays it... Also the hardware is def more powerful then GBA or SNES... GBA is fine though as it has all the SNES classics.

Also which store did u buy yours from? I am leaning towards this shop, it's supposedly in the states so I get free shipping.

Oh yea and are you guys running this on a 3ds? How do GBA games and etc look, low res?

http://www.gameplayfun.com/http-www-gamepl...56-htm-s/56.htm

9. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
  10. vodoochild81
    OP

United States

Why are they shady? You had a bad experience? They have more positive reviews on shop temp then real hot stuff...Why would they lie about free shipping? This card is 5 dollars more..Do you work for Real Hot Stuff? lol

11. Terminator02

United States
    i've heard from people they're fine, but their website looks shady as hell and they give away free cards in return for a 5 star review on shoptemp

12. Decooter

Newcomer Decooter Member

United States
    i second his recommendation for RHS