Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the thread here:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/wii-disc-dumpi...-ssbb-disc.html
this was said:
julioiglesias said:
I haven't tested this myself, but heard that clearing up duplicate channels is not too hard.

1-Make sure all your game saves are saved on an SD card.
2-Store your wii's in your wiimote
3-Erase your wii shop account (you may lose your wii points if you have any, i think). To erase it, it will ask you for your wii's serial number, which is on a sticker under a barcode on the wii.
4-Choose under the system settings the option "format the wii".
5-Wii will reboot and everything would have to be reconfigured again (internet conection, wii shop account, download updates, add picture and survey channels, etc)
I myself downloaded and burned the Dual Layer release of Super Smash Bros Brawl and let the update complete and now have dual channels, and when it comes out here (PAL) I am going to start playing that (not going to use the NTSC-U one before I use the PAL one) so was wondering if I could do that then play the PAL version.

So can anyone confirm this working? And can you re-create your Wii Shop Account?
Thanks.

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No they will gone (i think) but you always get them back if you do the update again.

because you proboly get the original firmware.

if i'm wrong just say it.

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, pretty sure you'll be stuck with them forever, at least unless we somehow find a way to hack the firmware. Just do the 15% trick if you gotta update

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I did the 15% trick, really good one, no harm to the console, no dual channels, and BRAWL.
smile.gif

I don't think it will work, 'cause Dual channels isn't a regular thing, it's an actuall bug on the Wii Bios, a bug that doesn't harm, but maybe Nintendo can do something with that in the future.

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I did the 15% trick, really good one, no harm to the console, no dual channels, and BRAWL.
smile.gif

I don't think it will work, 'cause Dual channels isn't a regular thing, it's an actuall bug on the Wii Bios, a bug that doesn't harm, but maybe Nintendo can do something with that in the future.

The problem is that the Wii, under NORMAL situations, will never install the duplicate channels. only if you mod your Wii and play a foreign game that needs an update (i.e. DSB:X) will you get duplicate channels.

so, Nintendo wont release a fix for something that NORMALLY cant happen.

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Basically if I remember correctly there is a very easy trick to get rid of them.. and I already did get rid of them many times.. put in a game which has a newer update! Or update your Wii via Internet. formatting your Wii might allow you to get rid of them but I guess you will have to reinstall the SSBB update again.

So just put them on the last tab of your Wii menu.. out of sight... and when the next update of your region comes.. install it.. and they should be away!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smile.gif

I laugh that everyone seems to think that. Really do.

Personally? I don't even care to get rid of them. Why do they bother everyone that much? Are people afraid of getting "banned"? I just find this whole thing kinda funny. One way or another, files that should not be on your wii are on it. 15% trick or not, I'm sure there's traces left around.

Alonsonic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
This does not work. The News and Weather channels are integrated into the firmware itself, formatting only gets rid of the channels you can delete normally. Hence this is the reason formatting won't delete the real News and Weather channels.

There is currently no way of deleting these duplicate channels!

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YES IT WORKS... a friend just do it and it works no problems no channels.

Bullshit...

Numerous people on these forums have tried and stated that this method doesn't work.

Your friend is telling you crap.

sorry my bad they didnt go out and oen thing mc dui you can say it on a diferent way you know so shut up an start to talk like serius people.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to hit the post button next time, post mis-information and I will flame you everytime.
lecture.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what are dual channels, and does SSBB download an update when playing it for the first time? and if so doesnt it brick the wii?
games don't download updates, they are on the disc. That is the problem. IF you have a pal console for example, and you have a japanese SSBB game, it will try to update with the japanese firmware. This creates double channels -> duplicates of a few channels but the japanese ones. They can never again be removed. However, if you update instead of double channels you could also brick or semi brick your wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: