Get a Free 1Mbps Usenet Account on XS Usenet

pistone

OP
Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
QUOTE said:
Ghacks points out that XS Usenet is giving out free usenet accounts that never expire! The only catch to these free accounts is that they're limited to transfer rates of 1Mbps.
If you don't mind the slow speed and the cap of 2 concurrent connections, this seems like a good deal for casual users. Even at 1Mbps (assuming you max out the cap all the time), a 500MB show would take you only a little over an hour to download, which isn't that bad, considering.

Although the signup only technically gives you the option of Netherlands, Belgium or Germany as your location, it should work everywhere. The comments on How-To Geek point out that XS Usenet is currently experiencing problems with the Captcha, which will error out when you do try to subscribe. So check back later today to see if it gets fixed.

source:Lifehacker/Ghacks

pistone

OP
Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
if i only was faster..............
cry.gif

but i had to ask a mod if this article was in line with the rules
cry.gif
cry.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dodgammit. If this is gonna be like some private torrent trackers, it's gonna end up being a long-term prowl for sign-ups to re-open.

1MBit/s sucks ass, but you can't beat free. Especially since it takes forever for new scene content on usenet to hit more publicly available sites. The time spent downloading the file certainly beats the time spent waiting for it to be upped on *insert ROM site here*.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1Mbps is worthless. Just pay the 10USD/month for an unlimited Astraweb account.

It's fucking cheap.

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shakirmoledina said:
1 mbps? i get 512 Kbps max speed on my connection for which this would have been great.
oh and the sig is a lie... i also found that out after i signed up

Your sig is actually spot on. 1MB/s (megabyte) is the same as 8Mbit/s (megabit) which is what your speedtest is reading. So 4500 (4.5Mbit/s * 1000 to make it kilobits), divided by 8 (4500/8) = 562kb/s (kilobytes per sec), which is roughly the speed you said.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
MasterPenguin said:
shakirmoledina said:
1 mbps? i get 512 Kbps max speed on my connection for which this would have been great.
oh and the sig is a lie... i also found that out after i signed up

Your sig is actually spot on. 1MB/s (megabyte) is the same as 8Mbit/s (megabit) which is what your speedtest is reading. So 4500 (4.5Mbit/s * 1000 to make it kilobits), divided by 8 (4500/8) = 562kb/s (kilobytes per sec), which is roughly the speed you said.

no lol i meant kbps and not KBps so its actually around 64 KBps. Bad i know but its probably the fastest u'll get here for around 30$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?