George Zimmerman in custody, faces second-degree murder charge

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by smile72, Apr 11, 2012.

1. smile72
    OP

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???

Finally he is arrested. Now I hope that justice can go forward whichever way it may swing.

2. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Aaah going to jail for a blatantly racist crime of killing a defenseless black kid. Jail is going to be fun. I imagine "Karma's a bitch" will be the summary of his time there.

2 people like this.
  3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    And see how the calm, rational approach to this case has worked out?

1 person likes this.
  4. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
    Why do you consider this act to be "blatantly racist?" It is my understanding that a hell of a lot of information about this case is unknown to the public at this time.

5. gloweyjoey

gloweyjoey who??

May 7, 2010
    United States
    Listen to Zimmerman's call to police dispatch. He knew it was a kid, and was told not to follow the kid by the dispatcher, but Zimmerman followed the kid anyways becuase he thought he was "acting real suspicious" and had his "hand in his waiste", he had skittles and ice tea and was talking to his girlfriend.

right before the point in the call when the dispatcher tells him not to follow him you can hear him get out of his car and start going after him and he says something under his breath which a lot of people think it was a racial slur. He says "f*cking" then you cant hear the next word, some people think he says punk though.....

6. Blood Fetish

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
    What about that is blatantly racist?

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    And from what I've read some media agencies even lied about it for various reasons, and some pictures presented in initial cases weren't even of the right people.

8. Blood Fetish

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
    Some media outlets have tried quite hard to make this case appear to be racially motivated, because the OJ trial was a ratings bonanza for them. The truth is incidental.

9. gloweyjoey

gloweyjoey who??

May 7, 2010
    United States
    The call he made to dispatch has nothing to do with any media agencies. Listen to it yourself and decide if he uses a racial slur or not.

10. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
    You mean like this?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/martin.asp

11. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    I'm glad he's finally behind bars.

12. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    WOW I love how people want to justify the killing by finding offensive photos of the deceased.

Anyway, there's no proof to show that this was racially charged. Furthermore, the tape were George Zimmerman is supposedly saying "Coon" is not viable. The only thing we know for sure is that George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. The racial implications are just speculation as this point.

13. Blood Fetish

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
    Shouldn't you be glad he's facing a trial? You know, innocent until proven guilty?

1 person likes this.
  14. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Innocent of what? He killed Trayvon Martin. He's going to Jail. We're just waiting to find out if it's manslaughter or murder.

15. Thesolcity

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel
    It seems in the face of sensationalism, people forget you have to respect others' rights.

"No, I demand you follow every letter of my rights. What? Yours? Forget about it."

There is a court system for a reason. You wouldn't want certain individuals claiming you're a dirty software pirate and labeling you so before a fair trial, would you? Trials separate rumors from facts. We think he shot him maliciously, while testimony and the police report seem to indicate that as the truth. Now the hard part is seeing if a hate crime charge can be tacked on. I'll let the evidence talk, not the preachy Reddit/Facebook nitwits.

3 people like this.
  16. smile72
    OP

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    That was all from the right, they tried to portray Trayvon as a thug the photo you are talking about came from a neo-Nazi website.

17. dickfour

dickfour Banned

Banned
    Jun 20, 2011
    United States
    This whole ordeal has been foisted on the public by professional race hustlers and perpetuated by a media that covers up the thousands of black on black killings because it doesn't fit their narrative. They'll actually call a hispanic white to further their agenda. This whole thing is a construct to get blacks to he polls for obama because black unemployment is 18%. Anyway it's good to see that good old fashion race baiting is alive and well

18. smile72
    OP

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???

19. Jugarina

Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2011
    United States
    NY
    Can someone direct me to where I would be able to uptain a copy and/or photograph online of Trayvon's death certificate. I need proof of death like this or similar documents or pictures related If someone knows where I could find them. Thanks.

20. dickfour

dickfour Banned

Banned
    Jun 20, 2011
    United States