Hacking Genplus compatible file extensions?

Inveracity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got Genplus on my SD card with a working forwarder, the emulator loads up just fine. But every ROM I have causes the Wii to just turn off. I've tried .md and I've tried .gen and I've taken the time to try downloading ROMs from different sites assuming maybe I had a corrupt file but none of these are working at all. Has anybody else had this issue, and perhaps found a way to fix this?

Inveracity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure u r running a stable version of genplus gx. If it's a buggy version it could very well launch but fail to load roms. Download using ModMii or Google to make sure u r using a stable version

I downloaded it from Google (via my laptop, it has a SD card reader which is super convenient) and I've downloaded it from probably three different sources now just trying to get it all to work. As I'm typing this post, someone else told me to try WiiXplorer (not sure what for, but I'll tinker with it a bit) to see if that will load any .dol that isn't wanting to respond. I can maneuver through Genplus just fine and see all my games but once I try to load them, it just turns the Wii off completely and I'm at a loss of what to do aside from just give up on them and delete everything Sega related.

Edit: I haven't tried ModMii because I used Letterbomb to install HBC, will that mess anything up if I download ModMii and add it to my SD card too? I tried to load Genplus via WiiXplorer and no good, it's still just turning my Wii off.

Last edited by Inveracity,

Inveracity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay cool, in that case I'll try downloading that and getting a Genplus-GX from it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@XFlak I'm looking through ModMii but I don't see an option for Genplus.

Inveracity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what I did differently this time around, but before I saw your reply here I at least got one game to load on Genplus. I'm going to assume (with a lot of hope hanging onto this lol) that I have a handful of corrupt games. I'd been trying to load General Chaos as a test, but Road Rash was working a few days ago and then I tried Prince of Persia which also worked. It did suddenly go black and white which was odd, but the game loaded so its a start. A simple reset of the Wii and the color came back lol so now I'll try to find different copies of the handful of games I have and hopefully they'll all work. I appreciate the advice for sure, and you have a sweet program too. High five dude!

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy