zeldapower.com
XP
Country
homebrew.gif
GenesisPlus for Wii
Sega Genesis Emulator for Wii
[2554]world_of_illusion_01.jpg

[2555]mercatormap1.gif

Similar to the SMS Plus emulator released previously, the GenesisPlus emulator made by Charles MacDonald, has been ported by eke-eke. A readme and history log are at the source. Here are a list of features:

eke-eke said:
* accurate & full speed Sega Genesis emulation
* Stereo Sound (@48 kHz)
* 1~4 Players support
* automatic SRAM/FreezeState (optional)
* ROM Information Screen
* Zipped roms support (.zip only !)
* Interleaved roms support (.smd, .bin are also supported)
* Load roms from SDCARD or DVD (4.7GB DVD support for Wii users, in GC mode only)
* Load/Save SRAM and FreezeState files from/to Memory Card & SDCARD (compressed)
* Original NTSC & PAL progressive rendering modes (240p/288p) support
* Enhanced Interlaced Mode 2 (double resolution screen) support
* Interlaced (576i/480i) & Progressive (480p) TV mode support
* Wiimote, Nunchuk & Classic Controller support (WII mode only)

Extra emulation support for:

* NTSC Genesis (60Hz) & PAL Megadrive (50Hz) timings
* 6-Buttons gamepad
* Sega TeamPlayer & EA 4-Way Play
* J-Cart (autodetected)
* Sega Menacer (autodetected for Menacer 6-in-1 game)
* backup SRAM
* serial EEPROM (used by a few games as backup memory)
* ROM bankswitch (Super Street Fighter 2)
* SRAM switch (Phantasy Star 4, Legend of Thor, Sonic 3 & Knuckles)
* Mappers & copy protection devices used in many unlicensed/pirate cartridges
* SVP dsp (Virtua Racing)
* Game Genie
* full Overscan area (horizontal & vertical colored borders)
* TMSS BIOS (optional)

Thanks to DjoeN for the heads up!

download.gif
Source + Download: Teh Skeen

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I tested this yesterday and WOW it is a huge improvement.

The Classic controller works nice, the auto detection of the videomode (PAL50/PAL60) works nice and the best of all you can use zipped roms, unzipping takes a little extra time but not an annoying long time.

Save state works perfect for those games with passwords for each level and key remapping works also nice, also an option to choose between a 3 button or 6 button genesis gamepad to reconfigure the keys. I didn't test if it keeps the remapped layout the next time you start the emulator up.

you can go back to the HBC or straight to the Wii menu wich is also a nice add on
smile.gif

The only thing i found annoying is you can't remap the select key (wich is used to reset the emulator) (In the SMSplus version you can remap the reset key)

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome. Now that it has that saving to SD, it's perfect. It would be more perfect if you could add boxshots, or some sort of coverflow, but eh. Let's look for that ROMs DVD.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oooh nice, remember playing that Disney game on the pic to the left with my cousins and siblings.
if i remember corectly it was awesome
tongue.gif
got to find it and try this emulator, which also sounds awesome! ( does anyone know the name of the game? ;P)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There weren't many Genesis games that I played, saved for the Sonic games and Gunstar heroes, but hell if they're gonna work great on my wii, then, well, great!

You know, without having to wait for a VC release, which will probably NEVER happen for Sonic 3 and Knuckles or Sonic 1 Megamix.

Edit: Sonic 1 Megamix runs awesome on this, so does S3&K, hooray.
It's funny though, you need to load your SRAM before your load your savestate, or things will change.

barcode1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whizz said:
Awesome. Now that it has that saving to SD, it's perfect. It would be more perfect if you could add boxshots, or some sort of coverflow, but eh. Let's look for that ROMs DVD.

A little off topic but out of interest, are there any emulators that have boxshots or an apple esque coverflow method of browsing games? surely the wii could just grab the image from google images for example.

GenesisPlus lookin great though
biggrin.gif

hkpatv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
It's pretty nice. BTW what do people thing is the best controller for this? WiiMote is OK for some games, but a pain for some that use 3 buttons (Streets of Rage for example). I guess I could use Gamecube controller, but I like wireless. Thinking of either the classic controller, or getting a WaveBird. Any thoughts on the pro's and con's of each, or other alternatives?

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
barcode1999 said:
Whizz said:

A little off topic but out of interest, are there any emulators that have boxshots or an apple esque coverflow method of browsing games? surely the wii could just grab the image from google images for example.

GenesisPlus lookin great though
biggrin.gif

Nope, not yet. Now that the emulators are near perfect, the developers will soon start with extra's like these. (I hope
tongue.gif
)

PeterFile

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hkpatv said:
It's pretty nice. BTW what do people thing is the best controller for this? WiiMote is OK for some games, but a pain for some that use 3 buttons (Streets of Rage for example). I guess I could use Gamecube controller, but I like wireless. Thinking of either the classic controller, or getting a WaveBird. Any thoughts on the pro's and con's of each, or other alternatives?
You can plug a nunchuk into the Wiimote. It takes a bit of getting used to though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0