Genesis Plus GX with new GUI

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by squablo, Jan 19, 2010.

Jan 19, 2010

Genesis Plus GX with new GUI by squablo at 9:06 PM (41,024 Views / 0 Likes) 192 replies

1. squablo
    OP

Member squablo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not sure if you guys noticed, but right before Tehskeen shut down, eke-eke was talking about a new build of Genesis Plus GX with a whole new GUI. Well that site has shut down due to drama overload, and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about it.

Well I did some searching on the net and found a build. I have not tested it yet, but the gui looks a TON better than the old build. I wont be able to test it until later tonight but if you are feeling ambitious, do a search for genplusgx_r355.dol

Let me know how it comes out for you guys!

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
  3. Princess Rozalin

Member Princess Rozalin †GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†

United States
    ON TOPIC: i didnt know about this i might Installed this on my Wii.I have the Old One.

OFF TOPIC: Blade can you tell what kind of Camera you use to Record the Wii im thinking in Recording but all i have is my Webcam which sucks on Recording

4. Bladexdsl

Australia
    i use a sony dcr-sr42 with HDD mounted on a tripod. but this cam is pretty old there's prob better ones now

genplusgxr370.dol is the latest i didn't have this just downloaded [​IMG]

5. squablo
    OP

Member squablo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the heads up. The Genesis emu was so ugly and behind in the other emus. This makes me very happy indeed [​IMG]

6. Muyfa666

Member Muyfa666 GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Looks really nice!

Do you know if any other emu was updated to? Eg. SMS Plus GX or so? It also looks very outdated imo.

7. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    The SEGA emus need SMB imho [​IMG]

8. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    Never understood the "need" for that personally ... I don't like having my computer to be permanently on while playing emulators on the Wii, kinda defeat the initial purpose I think. Actually, I find easier and better to have a copy of my ROM collection on a DVD, SD or USB stick.

9. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    O.o its new to me, thanks for the head up, looks sexy =)

10. rich333

Member rich333 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    nice, didnt know about this either, is there a SMS Plus one floating aroung too?

11. woodoste

Newcomer woodoste Advanced Member

Italy

That's the build I'm using too [​IMG] It's far better than regular one, I can't figure why the latest build back to old gui :/

12. skx7

Member skx7 GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    why is this not available through homebrewbrowser?

13. Jacobeian

Cuba
    because it has not been officially released yet
    if you look a little bit more into it, it seems some menus are not quite finished (still the old design)

oh btw, for those who didn't notice, you can have your own background music in the menus with this one, I figured that by looking at the code: just put any OGG file named Bg_music.ogg file in the same directory as the configuration file

and you can take snapshots of your games, then they appear in the ROM selection menu, that's quite nice

14. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Well to me it's a huge thing.

My kids play roms on pc, wii, old xbox and more that are all using the same save files. If these emus can't share the same saves then it spoils the fun and means they need to constanly check what save is furthest ahead and copy/paste saves over from one thing to another.

Although some people don't see the need, for others it's a must.

If only you knew the drama caused by some saves with over 1000+ hours put into them being overwritten by a new save.

15. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    Yep, that is a feature that I would love see in SNES9x/FCEUGX/VBAGX
    Seeing the Genesis cart with the tittle screen is hearthwarming

16. psiko

Newcomer psiko Advanced Member

United States
    That also begs the question of what people prefer....Title screens or boxart. I personally prefer the boxart to the title screen.

17. rich333

Member rich333 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I prefer Boxart. an SMS emulator with box art combined with one of thoses controller ataptors to use the original controller, I could finally pack away my old SMS & 100's of games - 20yrs later.

I like the emulators but i enjoy browsing throug the boxes and playing a game. boxart it the way to go.
    Also a startup screen for the emulator (the SEGA symbol and the two tone sound - like on the actual console) would complete the experince.

another good feature would be to have be able to set the emulator to automatically open to a set ROM dir on USB.

i'm obsessed with SMS, but for Mega Drive/Genesis - pretty much the same thing

18. DEFIANT

Member DEFIANT GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Can someone build the lastest version and upload it for me?

19. Bladexdsl

Australia
    download link is on my youtube page or the link in the 2nd post. it's version r370

20. Jacobeian

Cuba
    I agree boxarts is a very neat feature, seeing those old game covers make you want to play them again, artists at this time were pretty good at this (even if many games with attracting art sucked). I think there should be both (screenshot and boxarts) as alternate ROM views, cartridge labels would be a nice addition also (it's often similar to cardboxes though )

yeah, that would be good, but you can still see it everytime you load a game though . About that, there is this little website that lists all animated sega logos: http://www.whipassgaming.com/genesisreviews/segalogofun.html
    I dunno if someone noticed with this emu but I once stayed on the license screen without pressing the A button and there is indeed a little "sega-like" intro, short but funny