Homebrew genesis 32x emulator for DS?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the DS is anywhere near powerful enough to play 32X games. There are PC emulators that will play it just fine though.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's possible. Gens has some speed issues with it on a 1ghz machine, so I doubt the DS' sub-100mhz could handle it. Same probably goes for Sega CD (even though it's much less resource-intensive than 32x).

I like Knuckles Chaotix too. I like a couple of 32x games. Tempo (underrated platformer) and Kolibri (underrated shooter) I find fun.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't Neo Geo originally impossible? Of course that was purely a 2D console, where as 32X was 3D.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
School me; do Sega CD games use both the Sega CD and original Genesis/Mega Drive processors, or do they run using just the Sega CD's processor?
I think the Sega CD uses both processors.

I doubt all games use this extra speed. Stealth was able to port a single level from Sonic CD without music and only the present time period. A few features in Sonic CD use the extra speed and abilities of the SEGA CD. The special stages use rotating and scaling (like mode7). And obviously the video and music take advantage of the media hardware. But the music sounds nice in Genesis form:

And this belongs in the DS Emulation section.

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see any way around the DS's lack of horsepower for resolution scaling. jEnesis, for example, only has nearest neighbor vertical scaling, no horizontal scaling at all. You have to pan from side to side with L/R. I don't think this is just a matter of coding.

Dingoo-fan 32

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The only portable than can emulate the 32x is the gp2x caanoo, knuckles chaotix and kolibri runs fullspeed
cool.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1